Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

doing this via the suggestion of GM Chasixawah

hi everyone. we got a guy on asura named Odoro who looks like the npc and is standing over the npc to try to steal items from people who are not paying attention.
    i have talked to the game masters about this and they say they take it seriously.

so i want to offer a idea it can be anything a pot a box even a helper moogle that can be given collision and used for trades. so just throwing out a idea to use.
    i have made a small number of newbie friends and i worry they or anyone else for that fact might screw up and make a costly mistake. please help them. the bank of cardgrey is not endless and i cant replace everything they lose. =(
    please help them
    (1)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by zataz View Post
    i have talked to the game masters about this and they say they take it seriously.
    Meanwhile, on FFXIAH:

Player Warning: Odoro on Asura...go figure
    By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2020-12-03 15:23:42
    (0)

Character
    Minaras
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    yeah, sometime with my mule i open a trade windows with him and ill leave him there haha
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by zataz View Post
    So seriously they've allowed this individual trying to (and sometimes succeeding) defraud players to exist for over a year. The person's been so brazen as to livestream the character and keep a running onscreen tally of hot items traded to it.
    (1)

Player
    First off, you don't know how many people he has actually ripped off. A lot of his persona is trolling and he plays into it, you don't even know if this is the same person as originally. His AH page means very little, you can buy and sell just to troll if you want to.

Secondly, yes they see XI has a more realistic world and allow there it be dangers in it. For instance they allow you to drop a fully upgraded REMA you spent a year making if you want (and they won't rep it either), they allow players to sell their services if they want to, they allow people to be mean to each other, they allow a lot of things they would never allow on other games that treat you like a baby in modern times.

A GM cannot use their discretion as they used to, they act to the rules. He isn't breaking any actual stated rules, there is no rule against impersonating an NPC. As such there is nothing they can do. You can't go into grey areas and read his mind, even if it's obvious. They have set rules, if he says something in a tell they can act on it but they can't just assume his intent.

Ultimately, the bad guy is being countered by the community and that's as it should be. It is world/community building.

People fixate on this because he is the super villian, but people get conned in far more ways such as bazaring a single for the price of a stack and other things and that's not against the rules either.
    (0)

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    lol well i was told by a gm that if i see him standing there to report him and since i play every day i will it takes all of 2 seconds. that said i offered a fix to the issue and they consider it fraud so you know
    (1)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    You should contact that GM and inform him that the player has been reported numerous times. There's even multiple threads here about it. He lied to your face and acted like they care.
    (2)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    You should contact that GM and inform him that the player has been reported numerous times. There's even multiple threads here about it. He lied to your face and acted like they care.
    Taking your frustrations out on the GM won't solve your problems nor make you feel better.
    (2)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Speak for yourself, it makes me feel great indeed. Embarrassing how few people are willing to recognize square doesn't give a single "care"

Everyone there knows. When you report it they already know about it, they just don't care.
    (4)
    Last edited by Uriah; 01-09-2022 at 07:45 AM.

Player
    Can you keep your negativity on FFXIAH where it belongs.
    (3)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast