Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here with your New Year’s round up.

The first version update of 2022 will soon be upon us, and I hope you’ll continue to enjoy FFXI in the New Year as you have in years past.

I’m looking forward to raising the curtain on 2022, the year that marks FFXI’s 20th anniversary on this coming May 16. We never would have come this far on our journey without the support of our players, so I wouldl ike to take this opportunity to thank you for spending your time with us in Vana’diel.
That being said, there are still a few months before we can really celebrate, so we’ll keep our nose to the grindstone and not get to fan ahead of ourselves.

Frist up, I’d like to say a few words about an issue that occurred with the November version update where players would lose temporary items obtained from Escha silt. We’ll be offering players compensation in the form of primeval brew. We had originally mentioned via the form that we would be providing primeval brews to all players, but since they are such valuable items, we are consider about the ramifications of introducing so many at once, so we have decided to offer compensation to only the following players instead.

- Players in possession of the scintillating rhapsody key item as of the start of the January 2022 maintenance
- Players for whom 45 days or more have passed since character creation at the time of receipt.

Those players for whom the above is true must claim their item before the start of maintenance for the February 2022 version update.
Note that players can only have one primeval brew at a time, so you must first use the one you have in order to obtain your compensation. Please accept our deepest apologies for the consternation that this issue has caused.

With that, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of the January version update.

First up, we’re increasing the Vengenace cap for Odyssey’s Sheol: Gaol to +20. This naturally means that eligible equipment can be augmented to even greater heights, so you’ll be able to boost up your gear to higher attributes than before. It goes without saying that the foes within will also grow more powerful, but...well, I’ve decided to say it anyway. Tackle the trials within and claim your powerful equipment!

Next up are the monthly updates to Ambuscade. Intense Ambuscades see the return of the Goblins, while Normal Ambuscades features a battle against smilodons in celebration of the Year of the Tiger. The smilodon will call for aid when its HP gets low, with the black tiger’s resistances changing based on how much magical or physical damage has been dealt.

There are also a couple minor update that I’d like to touch on.

One quality of life change features the ??? actor required to obtain Promyvion maps being changed to a fixed location, while another features a removal of Apex monsters prowling the path leading up to where the ZNM Ob spawns.
We’ll be adding more monsters from which players can obtain exemplar points in future version updates, so we’re looking forward to your feedback in this regard.

Finally, although there is no update to The Voracious Resurgence this month, we’re gearing up for an even bigger February on the story front, so I hope you look forward to the continuation next month.

I hope that 2022 will be a fruitful one for you and those close to you, both in Vana’diel and the real world, and the development and operations teams wish you the best in this New Year.

Until next time!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-Progress TaskDetails
JanuaryRecords of Eminence・Update monthly objectives
・Add new objectives
-
Content and System-related
JanuaryAmbuscade・Add new notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
-
JanuaryOdyssey・Increase Veng cap-
JanuaryDynamis-Divergence・Add new method for obtaining key items for characters that already fulfill upgrade requirements-
JanuaryPromyvion・Predetermine map obtainment point-
JanuaryKey Items・Add new category-
Battle-related
JanuaryAreas・Change monster spawn location in certain areas-
Item-related
JanuarySynthesis Recipes・Add new recipes-
JanuaryItems・Add new items
・Change maximum stack number of certain items
-
JanuaryPorter Moogle・Add to list of supported items-