Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I would sooner play with someone who weapon skilled during pain sync, than had a cheat that auto turned, that's where the memories comes from, victories from the jaws of defeat
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    DId anyone else here play iSketch with linkshell mates while waiting for nidhogg/KB windows? lol

There was actually a final fantasy word list in the game because of FFXI people playing it.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Just asking if you've completed every single:
    City/Nation storyline.
    Mission and quest available.
    Collected every Home point.
    Finished all Geomagnetic founts.
    Gotten full fame in every area possible.
    ... etc... as i've been playing since RoZ release and still haven't finished them all in every city, nation, and town.
    There's a few things for you to work on. Go talk to all those NPCs you kept walking on by.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Honestly they just added Odyssey v15 and bosses and all of that not even that long ago.. If you've finished ALL of those to r20, chances are that you are spamming too fast and consuming the content too fast. You will get bored quick, so you either do that and unsub until they release something again, or you take your time. Most of these convo's are from people that multi box, 6+ characters, and use every addon to beat most content very quickly, they get bored quick and have to focus on their mules and gearing them. If you don't have multiple characters, then you will most likely quit, I might suggest trying to run another character and focus on gearing that. FFXI right now is about gearing up mostly and that feeling of progression when you've accomplished that goal you were working on. They add content way too slowly for people to spam through quickly, and like a previous poster said they are way too generous with gear these days. You simply beat a T3~4 Odyssey NM at v0 and get to buy gear that completely kills a large swath of old gear... really now. They need to dial everything back because the content is not coming out quick enough. I really feel like they are looking at this game without a care in its longevity, almost like they want it end it already, thats just a personal opinion. They are not making very sound decisions in terms of longevity thus far... but I hope that isn't the case, not everyone wants to play XIV or they would have moved there already.

Oh and another example, they now let trash mobs drop scales from NM... 0 reason to do NM now outside of gear which most already have. They are just killing all their content off for no reason.. this game had content that lasted years, why are you killing it already with nothing to replace it?
    (0)
    Last edited by Immortal; 01-04-2022 at 02:42 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Oh and another example, they now let trash mobs drop scales from NM... 0 reason to do NM now outside of gear which most already have.
    If you're talking about omen, the scale drops are not comman and they're random. If you fight the bosses, you'll get the ones you need. You also need the first 5 bosses to do the 6th.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Odyssey V lvl is increasing to 20 in Jan update. If you mean you've beaten all the bosses once, but don't feel like repeating them over and over to RP your gear that is 1 way to look at being completed with odyssey.

It all depends who you hang out with, over the years I've met many players and those that remain at my playtime, share the same goals/events can make or break your FFXI experience.

Everything in FFXI is repetitive after you've beaten it once, ie dynamis, odyseey, omen etc. It comes down to how much you care about gear and or completion.

If you're just after the experience of the fight, beating the battle then yes, not much has changed. The only new fights that are added monthly are the V2 ambuscade.

When VR missions done there is going to be an event there, whether it will be endgame event remains to be seen.
    (0)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I mean. . . the OP openly said he hasn't even completed the latest end-game content. At least, to me, it reads like he got clears on the V0s in Odyssey and quit. It seems kind of silly to begin a conversation about how there is nothing left to do when you haven't even done it all. . . And in just a week all of us will have a new challenge.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Velner View Post
    I mean. . . the OP openly said he hasn't even completed the latest end-game content. At least, to me, it reads like he got clears on the V0s in Odyssey and quit. It seems kind of silly to begin a conversation about how there is nothing left to do when you haven't even done it all. . . And in just a week all of us will have a new challenge.
    That's exactly what he did, he got the shiny carrot and lost interest.
    (0)

Character
    Minaras
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuzey View Post
    Hey Guys,

I've always been one of those people who assumed everyone was at the same level in FFXI, we all want the same things, we're all at the same point in the game.... But... FFXI isn't the same game it was 5(10/15) years ago, so I'd like to open up some honest discussion on what we see the current state of the game.

I've been taking a break since the start of the year, as I'd ran out of things to do, Odyssey hit and I beat the bosses, but I just couldn't face spamming them to get new armour, to make me more powerful, with nothing new to beat. I came back for the free log in, but find people I know are mostly quitting, left, moving on, is this common?

I always thought of my linkshell as casual endgame, never any strict rules, we all did stuff to help each other, more about the fun than rewards, but dynamis died over two years ago, omen before that, what do we have to do....

What is FFXI now? Is it animal crossing, more a place to hang out, rather than accomplish anything? It's fantastic that they keep the servers open, and give us content, but not challenging content is more like a retirement home...

thoughts an discussion appreciated
    Dude, i came back 6 months ago, after a 9 years break.
    Let me tell ya, many people are coming back out of curiosity for what will happen for the 20th anniversary, and its actually very nice to see "old faces"
    I dont know, between ambuscade, odyssey, hundreds of unm, vagary, dyna d, main scenario etc...i dont know how you ran out of things to do.
    You lost interest, perfectly normal, but don't blame it on the game cause there's nothing around (online jrpg) with this much content.
    (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2