Thread: Omen queues

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    Why complain about the FFXIV derail of the thread? Just post something on topic like MOVE OFF ASURA!
    If you don't bring it back to the topic, then the derail will just continue.
    Don't hurt all players just because Asura is overpopulated. Don't hurt all players trying to make ~25% of the mythic weapons just because cheaters duped a lot of Arrapago Remnants salvage long ago.
    This forum is not the only place. People will go to Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Discord, or other sites. I am on Asura and I will welcome any of my good friends to my server.

This thread is something to do with between the one plays on Shiva and the one moved off Shiva.
    (0)

Player
    Don't hurt all players just because Asura is overpopulated.
    I wasn't saying it had to be done, I was asking a question.

This is less of a population issue and more of a thing that a few players can congest with multiple characters, if it had a minimum player entry they would be forced to use them together and would clear it faster.

Delve has this, DynaD has this etc. I was asking if Omen needs it.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This thread is something to do with between the one plays on Shiva and the one moved off Shiva.
    I'm not sure if you're talking about me, but I don't know who's moved where and my comments don't have anything to do with any specific people.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm not sure if you're talking about me, but I don't know who's moved where and my comments don't have anything to do with any specific people.
    I don't know. People seem very bitter about someone being on Asura. We keep hearing their depressed experiences on a small server.

When someone asks for a well-populated server, they simply say Asura. It's all about the Asura vs small servers nonsense which will never end. People will still ask for a remaster because nothing will fix or agree.

Oh hey, I just finally logged in FFXIV!
    (1)
    Last edited by Zehira; 12-20-2021 at 10:30 AM. Reason: typo

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    While there are perhaps too many servers, it won't solve the problem if people continue to pack and test its limits.

I'm not bitter specifically about people being on Asura (there's a JP-dominated server that's just as big and one or two others that are close), I admit, it's a bit frustrating and I'm still very curious who it was that had enough influence to decree that Asura was the server everyone should move to. But even if it was Shiva that was the one people piled on, I'd still not be happy because I'd still be dealing with problems, just of a different nature.

It would be better for everyone if the server populations were more balanced. No giant servers nor tiny servers, just roughly equal ones. Then everyone will be satisfied with their ability to find people to play with, and people won't have to deal with queues and SE won't need to engineer special solutions specifically because of overcrowded servers that other servers don't need. While you've seen me try to dissuade people from going to Asura, I don't specifically want them to come to Shiva (though they can if the want), I just want to see them on any server that isn't the biggest ones.

In short, I'm not salty about specific servers, i'm salty about the imbalance in populations in general. You have two kinds of servers both with unique sets of problems, and your choice is which set of problems bothers you the least.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-20-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Player
    Different people like different kinds of servers, forcing movement would be idiocy.

There are people that have played XI for 10+ years and only care about their linkshell friends, they treat it like a bar they goto every night. They log on and talk to their friends on LS and go do stuff, the less people that are around the better because there is no wait to enter content. They would be just as happy if it was just 30 people on the server, the 30 people on their ls. It's like playing borderlands or something, you don't care if it's just you and your friends as opposed to 1000 people in the world. You're playing it for your friends.

Then you have people who are all about the "community" and don't have this kind of mindset, and just want to meet random people or don't have a set group of friends at all and just interact with random people every night.

The developers set the servers up and let us organize ourselves as we see fit, Asura happened naturally, as did Odin.

Asura is the perfect new player server, it's perfect for people who don't want to make a set group of friends or just want some chaos.

The other servers are legacy, for players who are happy with their friends and set in their ways. A mass influx of player to these servers would make them quit.

Square do not do merges, on any of their games anymore because they learned they are counter productive.

They even offer half price server swaps if people want to self organize (btw many from Asura did this to bahamut a while ago, a few big LS all moved there)
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Different people like different kinds of servers, forcing movement would be idiocy.
    No one said anything about forcing anyone to do anything. But a server merge would also force people to do something,so that should be equally off the table.

No, the only thing we can do is, as a community stop specifically directing people to Asura, and SE needs to offer world transfer incentives to lower pop servers. Every once and a while there's a sale on this, but it should be flat out free at all times to transfer to a lower pop server. Like every other game does this. Lower limits on transfer of currency, XP bonuses, etc. These are offered in an effort to encourage balanced populations.
    FFXI originally had the world pass system, which was explicitly designed to keep world populations balanced. It wasn't even that long I don't think, after World Passes were removed, that we had the server merges. World passes clearly did a good job balancing populations, even if it made trying to play with a friend an exercise in frustration. I'm not saying we should go back to that, I'm just pointing out that it's clear balanced populations were seen as desirable by SE.

Square do not do merges,
    Uhhh, yes they have.
    (0)

Player
    Not anymore, not for the past 10 years.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Not anymore, not for the past 10 years.
    "is not currently" and "do not" are not even close to the same thing.

And you know, you do that a lot, you try to pretend that small numbers (or what you think are small numbers) are nonexistent, when there is a very big difference between zero and not zero.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-21-2021 at 09:18 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Though I may not understand the British culture (ASL, BSL, and JSL are not mutually the same thing), they act like a king or queen they think they can speak for everyone.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast