Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    No, because it will become non-profitable to run that many bots.

RMT only want to make money, if this is no longer profitable they will find other ways to make it.
    Yeah, no kiddo, this is far from the mark. To make a bot not profitable is essentially impossible, short of banning the account on day one. No 3 day, no "investigation", instant action.
    (0)

Player
    Was there more to that post or were you just saying "nuhuh!"

RMT pay subs for the bots, if they are not making enough gil to warrant that payment they will do something else.

The only time the answer is just more bots is on f2p games.
    (1)

Player
    Quote grrr didn’t add that the way I wanted it but anyway haha

Just adding more apex camps is a tricky idea. The way they did it in Alzadaal was beautiful, take spaces that never had anything in them and just load 'em up full of new apex mobs. If you're not looking for them, you'll never know they're there. Perfect.

Then on the other hand, you get the level... 85, I want to say? Somewhere in the 76-99 range for sure anyway. Those guys, in Promyvion; you take one wrong turn and suddenly oh boy are you in the wrong neighborhood. That's the risk with updating older areas, if you don't do it carefully you're going to make old quests and missions much harder than they were ever intended to be, and with apex mobs especially that can push them from "easy solo stroll" to "maybe you should take a party just in case."

Of course, they couldn't just sprinkle around too many more apex camps now anyway, if they did where would they put the master level 50 super apex camps later?

————————————————————

Well think about, isn’t that what they did the first time around? People can easily adjust to where to and where not to go, it might take them a death or two but like I mention before very few players go to the past, not many quests either, to solve that problem it would be quite easy they could just add mobs with the no aggro/link mechanic they already have in some areas like dho gates apex pupils which do no aggro so the mobs are there but you can safely walk past complete whatever and done without affecting quests but if your looking for apex you can find plenty of camps, but if boring you could add a mechanics where apex only aggro job master players in those peony zones so regular lower level players need not fear, add more mobs to those areas too like Meriphataud Mountains area are huge mostly empty zones with so much potential make most of [S] and ignore present day if you want a mix of apex levels and make Aht Urhgan zones mega apex for job masters, it would bring much life to the [S] zones and if you also think about it unless your in a real hurry I’ve gotten 5 rank levels just farming job points on regular apex too so eventually you can reach max by just doing any apex so it’s not like a job master camp is the only to way to get them. Obvi slower rate but with so many zones I really doubt they had any issues catering to both.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tidemaker; 12-05-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I really dont see how this affects the avg player?? When was the last time you EVER exp'd with more than 6 players? Abyssea exp parties? We are way past that now.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    I really dont see how this affects the avg player?? When was the last time you EVER exp'd with more than 6 players? Abyssea exp parties? We are way past that now.
    I had a feeling... Third party developers put us under control. lol
    (0)

Player
    A lot of regular players sell XP, they are mad.
    (0)

Player
    Here is the problem with people who make money from this game, they lack common sense (and I'm not talking about the chiinese groups, I'm talking about the NA/EU players that run bots).

They will always take anything to 10, which sets up a position where the developers have to deal with it and then nerf it.

If these people (and it's often one person running 3-4 bot groups on multiple computers) had just left some space for legit players at the start of zones, the developers would of left you alone. You traded a short term increase in profits for the total destruction of your business long term.

Most players and the developers were fine with XP sellers, however you took every camp and so instigated mass reports and that lead to this.
    (1)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    You have to ask yourself; why would they.

Get money, nothing else matters. That's the only truth in life. (the way it is right now) It's the prisoner's dilema. it would be better to not, except if you don't someone else will, and you lost out. So obviously it's the best TO maximize exploitation while it's available, not the other way around.
    (0)
    Last edited by Uriah; 12-06-2021 at 01:04 AM.

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I just want it to not affect the mobs in Delve, Incursion, Omen, vagary, & Dynamis Divergence. Because this is all content for alliances, and doing it nets merit points so I don't have to go out of my way to farm merits for HTMBs.
    (2)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well why would anyone exp with more than six players? There's an exp penalty for that! I've heard rumors that job point alliances used to be a thing when gear was lighter and it was harder to chew through apex mobs low-man.

It would be kind of nice to shift back to a meta that runs more on getting a huge swarm of players together to just chew through monsters at top speed, rather than running an exp party on the work of one to three characters. Make FFXI feel more like the big team-based game it keeps trying to be. If solo is just going to be the default way to do everything, it's time to shift to a single-player version and mothball the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Was there more to that post or were you just saying "nuhuh!"

RMT pay subs for the bots, if they are not making enough gil to warrant that payment they will do something else.

The only time the answer is just more bots is on f2p games.
    ... Galka armies in South Gustaberg. RMT seem to have no problem with lining up a whole bunch of accounts to do their farming. Granted, it takes more resources to get a grind capable character up and running, but once they pass that hurdle, they only have to start over if they get busted specifically for botting. Not sure how hard it is to prove that one, but I hear a lot more grumbling about people reporting bots and nothing happening than cheering about a reported bot getting banned.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast