Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Dummy songs on BRD

On FFXI, if you have a 4 song instrument you have to sing 4 dummy songs like paeons and then sing your actual 4 songs. The reason for this is having the 4 song buffs is the only way to overwrite with full potency songs.

This is annoying and pointless, you have to effectively sing 8 songs to get 4.

Can we have some way to unlock the 4 songs on your character as standard once you obtain the proper REMA to allow it? Maybe an RoE objective or something?
    (0)

Player
    I'll give you a big tip: half of the posters that post here daily don't actually play the game and would have no idea. Reddit's r/ffxi is the same way. Normally, gameplay questions are better asked on FFXIAH or the like.

You don't have to sing 4 dummies. Sing your 2 regular songs (3 with Clarion up), then sing your dummies, then sing your additional normal songs to overwrite the dummies.

When the songs are still active on your party but about to wear, never sing dummies. Just overwrite with the same regular songs. Singing dummies during this gives them crappy buffs, annoys them, and is a big time waster.
    (2)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Yes but if you're about to pop JA's, its better to sing dummies first, all 5 of them if 1hring or 4. Then you have more time during your NiTro to debuff or do other things. That was the standard when bards party swapped back in the day, now its more useful for landing longer duration debuffs
    (1)

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Seeing as how this is essentially a glitch that allows BRD to take advantage of multiple ultimate weapons simultaneously, you should probably just accept the inconvenience. No other job is allowed to use multiple ultimate weapons without penalty, this is pretty much just BRDs version of 'main hand only' stats.

No offence meant, there are certainly lots of little things that annoy me about the jobs that I play, but honestly I don't feel that it is fair or balanced that BRD is able to take advantage of the benefits of all of their ultimate weapons when no other job can. And it certainly isn't fair to anyone who wants to start a new BRD and is immediately faced with "You MUST build every single ultimate weapon to be accepted for anything." from the community. I'm sure SE would fix this glitch if it didn't mean overhauling the entire song system to do it (and pissing off every player with a fully geared BRD).

Also, fixing this problem would end up making one of the ultimate weapons obsolete (annoying players who already completed it). I believe there was a suggestion a while back about adding a quest that would combine all of BRD's ultimate instruments into a single instrument with all of their effects, requiring players to have completed the original weapons anyway. That would work I suppose, assuming SE was willing to fully embrace this effect on the job, but that wouldn't do anything to help newer players.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zekander; 12-03-2021 at 11:26 PM.

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    If you're popping JAs, know how long you're going to need them, 15min? 2 normal songs(CC 3 songs) > 2 dummies > 2 normal songs, then wait until there's <1min left on Soul Voice and N/T replace your songs w/o any dummies.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zekander View Post
    Seeing as how this is essentially a glitch that allows BRD to take advantage of multiple ultimate weapons simultaneously, you should probably just accept the inconvenience. No other job is allowed to use multiple ultimate weapons without penalty, this is pretty much just BRDs version of 'main hand only' stats.

No offence meant, there are certainly lots of little things that annoy me about the jobs that I play, but honestly I don't feel that it is fair or balanced that BRD is able to take advantage of the benefits of all of their ultimate weapons when no other job can. And it certainly isn't fair to anyone who wants to start a new BRD and is immediately faced with "You MUST build every single ultimate weapon to be accepted for anything." from the community. I'm sure SE would fix this glitch if it didn't mean overhauling the entire song system to do it (and pissing off every player with a fully geared BRD).

Also, fixing this problem would end up making one of the ultimate weapons obsolete (annoying players who already completed it). I believe there was a suggestion a while back about adding a quest that would combine all of BRD's ultimate instruments into a single instrument with all of their effects, requiring players to have completed the original weapons anyway. That would work I suppose, assuming SE was willing to fully embrace this effect on the job, but that wouldn't do anything to help newer players.
    There is zero indication that singing dummy songs using Daurdabla, then overwriting them with Gjallarhorn is a bug, on what bases do you classify this action a glitch? Just because the job is able to utilize multiple REMA weapons within it's capacity without penalties doesn't make it a glitch, that's just rubbish. A Paladin can freely switch between REMA shields at will, a Dark Knight can easily swap into Liberator for improved absorb spells, then swap back into Caladbolg, it's all working as intended and part of the core mechanics of the game.

Also, bards are required to be at least 4 songs ready in todays Final Fantasy, otherwise they would be significantly gimping their group, and they should ultimately pursue Marsyas to complete their instrument arsenal. So don't get annoyed when you're lacking essential gear as Bard and get refused entry into groups, whos members have all put in effort from their part to come prepared how ever they can, and instead go work on your Bard REMAS, if it's too much of a challenge, play another job, you have 21 others to choose from.
    (0)

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Perhaps glitch was the wrong word. The reason you have to sing dummy songs in the first place is because of how the programming handles songs overwriting each other. This could be seen as an exploit since if you were to sing the songs you want as you normally would then you do not get the expected benefits of the other instruments. It isn't any part of the instruments themselves. A PLD or DRK swapping weapons looses TP in the process, admittedly this isn't much of a penalty these days, but it is part of the system, just like overwriting songs is a part of the system.

The idea that BRDs are required to have all REMA is entirely on the part of the community, the devs certainly seem to be against other jobs using more then one at a time, at least with regards to dual wielding them.

I am not strongly against the idea of bypassing dummy songs, just mildly annoyed by it, as I said, I see it as exploiting the game system through abnormal play. But it's something that players have been doing for years now and there has been no official response on it either way by the devs, so it is what it is.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zekander View Post
    Perhaps glitch was the wrong word. The reason you have to sing dummy songs in the first place is because of how the programming handles songs overwriting each other. This could be seen as an exploit since if you were to sing the songs you want as you normally would then you do not get the expected benefits of the other instruments. It isn't any part of the instruments themselves. A PLD or DRK swapping weapons looses TP in the process, admittedly this isn't much of a penalty these days, but it is part of the system, just like overwriting songs is a part of the system.

The idea that BRDs are required to have all REMA is entirely on the part of the community, the devs certainly seem to be against other jobs using more then one at a time, at least with regards to dual wielding them.

I am not strongly against the idea of bypassing dummy songs, just mildly annoyed by it, as I said, I see it as exploiting the game system through abnormal play. But it's something that players have been doing for years now and there has been no official response on it either way by the devs, so it is what it is.
    One instrument allows additional songs, the game allows overwriting of songs regardless, so an additional instrument with higher stats for songs is absolutely fine. A Paladin will full time 2 REMA Sword + Shield, a DD can dual wield REMA (with off-hand restrictions), so bards with multiple REMAs are on par or equivalent with other jobs in that respect.
    (0)

Player
    Add RoE objective that requires you to trade (And get back) your 4 song REMA, then that unlocks the ability to have 4 songs on any instrument.

If you add monsters that can dispel, it's super annoying how it's currently setup.
    (0)

Character
    Sampi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    nice necro
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast