Player

The new method to unlock Relic+3

The old method to unlock relic +3 was to kill a wave 3 boss on the job you are currently on, this was out of the reach of most players and so they basically just paid someone to do it for them.

A decision was made to allow these players to do it themselves, and so a new method was added. Kill 100 monsters in the zone to obtain the right to be able to upgrade to +3, sounds good right?

Just to explain how this actually works and how ridiculous it is.

The new system requires you to kill 100 monsters in the Dyna D zone, doing so unlocks the singular slot on one singular job. So to unlock +3 on every slot of one job, you need to kill 500 monsters in 5 zones and then repeat that for every other job.

I hasten to add, these monsters are very high level and can kill you in about 3-4 hits, and considering the point of this exercise is to gear up I'm not sure these people can effectively trio this many kills and if they can why can't they just kill the boss? Not only that, but pulling a statue to begin killing causes 3-4 monsters to spawn on you right away and they also have 2 hour abilities that can destroy you such as mnk, ninja etc

100 kills is way way too much, it should be 50 at very most and even that is too high.

The method to unlock AF+3 in Omen, is far more manageable.
    (2)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    1: there are only four zones, not five.
    2: The old method to unlock relic+3 has always been to defeat the wave one boss. This is a feat that can be accomplished quite easily by any group who is capable of entering dynamis divergence and has progressed to the point they're next unlock is relic+3.

I agree that the new system is actually retarded though. It should be 100 wave one mobs for the Key Item that unlocks all gear for the job, ignoring the need to enter the other three zones. That way the actual gate of dynamis unlocks is eased instead of merely appeasing people who play this as a single player JRPG instead of a MMORPG.

Omen is slightly better, though it still mostly caters to people playing this as a single player game.

SE is dropping the ball big time instead of incentivizing players to team up by easing party & alliance XP/CP/MXP losses and adding those same calculations to a player when they use trusts.
    They instead do this, signifying they want you to not team up. Instead progress to a point past where people can do pickup groups effectively well and where it requires skill at playing in a party setting. Then just get merc's to do the rest for you.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The old method to unlock relic +3 was to kill a wave 3 boss
    You never had to clear wave 3 to get +3 relic armor. You do need wave 3 to augment the relic weapons, but that's an entirely different ballgame. It only requires beating wave 1, which is not really that unattainable.

You say you've played FFXI for 18 years and ride the FFXIV hate train, but you apparently don't know the mechanics of FFXI....

That being said, the real issue is needing to unlock each individual piece for each individual job, which requires nearly year of doing dynamis every 3 days on every job in each area. While the 100 mob requirement lowers the difficulty bar, it has zero impact on the time required.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You say you've played FFXI for 18 years and ride the FFXIV hate train, but you apparently don't know the mechanics of FFXI.....
    I love it when you're salty.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    1: there are only four zones, not five.
    2: The old method to unlock relic+3 has always been to defeat the wave one boss. This is a feat that can be accomplished quite easily by any group who is capable of entering dynamis divergence and has progressed to the point they're next unlock is relic+3.
    The boss still needs specific jobs, even if its pretty easy for well geared players now. You need a tank, you need cors and healers etc...plus you have to get to it, which is harder in some zones than others.

I guess the idea was that you could work on a handful of kills or something every 3 days and make gradual progress, but 100 is so just way way too many.

It makes so little sense because Omen is well thought out, you can actually do that with a ragtag group or solo.
    (1)

Player
    I have a feeling that this method is supposed to be pointless right now, there is no way they didn't know this is worse than just killing the boss.

My guess is they plan for this to be a viable option for trio when we are Mlevel 40+ or something.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    I have a feeling that this method is supposed to be pointless right now, there is no way they didn't know this is worse than just killing the boss.

My guess is they plan for this to be a viable option for trio when we are Mlevel 40+ or something.
    All this change really means is that if you *don't* beat the wave 1 boss, you can still unlock. Most people probably will, but if you wipe or something at some point or whatever, the next time you come back you'll probably unlock it for sure even if you fail again.
    (0)