Player

Add more minigames like Mandragora Mania

Chess, Draughts/checkers, other games.

Also is there any chance of a player vs player option?
    (4)

Character
    Siegmont
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 90
    I would love to see a player vs player for Mandragora Mania!
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Better yet, add a special area with all the minigames from years past in events and such. You could add a special currency to exchange for prizes, etc. You could call it the gold... wait

Bring back Tetra Master within FFXI itself while you're at it. It should have been part of the game from the beginning.

Although this post was intended to be slightly humorous, I honestly think they should do it. There's a bunch of stuff newer players may have missed out on that would be prime candidates for a reintroduction like this.
    (3)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    They should continue Monstrosity... now with master level!
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Chess, Draughts/checkers, other games.

Also is there any chance of a player vs player option?
    A /Duel option would be most welcome for fun. Also Everquest1 had a very crude and simple method for PvP which worked fine for a PvE focused game: you could duel another agreeing player alone, you could duel another group with your group too, and one guild (linkshell in this case) could declare open war against another (which lasted three days, or something like that and could only be done once a month). Best part of it is that it all happened in the open world, anywhere. One could never attack anyone already engaged into PvE combat tough.

Anything similar would do wonders for FFXI, it would be great to see players fighting each others in the open world (as long as both parties agree too it, I see zero problem. As a more free or forced, "always on" PvP style would not be in touch with FFXIs PvE focused experience).
    (0)

Player
    As for the mini games: I would love to see Tetra Master inside FFXI, like they did with Triple Triad in FFXIV... dueling NPCs, collecting cards, and card dueling other players while waiting for anything (and this game still has a ton of waiting).

They already have the game made from FFIX and from the PlayOnline version, they should just implement it inside FFXI. Besides, Tetra Master is much better than Triple Triad.
    (2)

Player
    I think a good addition for this would be to add a chain system, so capping out each month adds a +1 to your win streak and then you can add rewards for high win streaks. This would encourage people to do it every month.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 11-23-2021 at 06:14 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lortheron View Post
    As for the mini games: I would love to see Tetra Master inside FFXI, like they did with Triple Triad in FFXIV... dueling NPCs, collecting cards, and card dueling other players while waiting for anything (and this game still has a ton of waiting).

They already have the game made from FFIX and from the PlayOnline version, they should just implement it inside FFXI. Besides, Tetra Master is much better than Triple Triad.
    The whole reason Tetra Master failed as a standalone game is because it was bundled with another game most people would be playing most of the time- and Playonline doesn't let you play more than one game at a time, so the only time anyone ever played Tetra Master is when FFXI was down for maintenance.

If it was actually sold seperately, or if you were able to play it while FFXI was running it would have stood a better chance. Or.... part of FFXI.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The whole reason Tetra Master failed as a standalone game is because it was bundled with another game most people would be playing most of the time- and Playonline doesn't let you play more than one game at a time, so the only time anyone ever played Tetra Master is when FFXI was down for maintenance.

If it was actually sold seperately, or if you were able to play it while FFXI was running it would have stood a better chance. Or.... part of FFXI.
    Not to mention that for most of the time Tetra Master was a thing, almost every time FFXI had maintenance, Playonline also had maintenance. It was unavailable to play at the time the most people would be playing it.
    (2)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I made a really crappitycrappy youtube video the very last day Tetra Master was playable, basically just going through my collection and playing a game or two. I honestly really enjoyed it whenever I played. The fact htat I couldn't play it while playing FFXI was pretty much the sole reason I didn't play it more.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUMdL5Jfc8k
    (4)