Character
    Kruel
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Summoner Blood Pact mechanics not working properly.

Platform: Windows 10
    ISP: Virgin Broadband
    Type of Internet Connection: Fibre Optic
    Internet Connection Speed: 387Mbps
    Date & Time: Nov. 12, 2021 18:34 GMT
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: Kruel
    Race: HumeM
    World: Siren
    Main Job: Summoner, Lv.99
    Support Job: Red Mage
    Area and Coordinates: All new areas/content from past 18 months, Dynamis Divergence, Mireu, Odyssey, newer Ambuscades, certain HTBF fights etc.
    Party or Solo: Party and solo
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: None
    Steps:
    1. Use any Blood Pact: Rage in a new area added in the past 18 months, Dynamis Divergence, Mireu, Odyssey newer Ambuscades or certain HTBF fights.
    2. Use another Blood Pact: Rage within 8 seconds of the prior, wheher the prior was from another summoner, or apogee.
    3. Resulting Blood Pact: Rage does 10% damage.

Ever since the Blood Pact and Geomancer adjustments for new content almost 2 years ago, summoner blood pacts have not worked as intended.

The adjustment was only supposed to adjust Astral Conduit so it cannot be taken advantage of, but it has completely destroyed a summoner's ability to deal damage in any new content due to the adjustment also applying to apogee and all summoner's in the fight.

What I mean by this is, any blood pact from any summoner used within roughly 8 seconds of the previous blood pact only does 10% damage, this means summoner's cannot skillchain with each other, or even solo skillchain with apogee and 2 blood pacts without a damage reduction to 10%.

Due to this, Apogee is almost non functional now too, unless you want to use x2 Blood Pact: Wards.

I had hoped after all this time this would be fixed, and the new update gave my avatars a very large stat boost which I had assumed was the first step to combat this issue, but then those stat boosts were dramatically lowered with yesterdays emergency maintenance.

This has promted me to make sure you are aware of blood pacts behaving abnormally for almost 2 years, and hope that it gets fixed.

Thank you.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kruel; 11-13-2021 at 06:37 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruel View Post
    Ever since the Blood Pact and Geomancer adjustments for new content almost 2 years ago, summoner blood pacts have not worked as intended.

The adjustment was only supposed to adjust Astral Conduit so it cannot be taken advantage of, but it has completely destroyed a summoner's ability to deal damage in any new content due to the adjustment also applying to apogee and all summoner's in the fight.

What I mean by this is, any blood pact from any summoner used within roughly 8 seconds of the previous blood pact only does 10% damage, this means summoner's cannot skillchain with each other, or even solo skillchain with apogee and 2 blood pacts.

Due to this, Apogee is almost non functional now too, unless you want to use x2 blood pacts wards.

I had hoped after all this time this would be fixed, and the new update gave my avatars a very large stat boost which I had assumed was the first step to combat this issue, but then those stat boosts were dramatically lowered with yesterdays emergency maintenance.

This has promted me to make sure you are aware of blood pacts behaving abnormally for almost 2 years, and hope that it gets fixed.

Thank you.
    Please frame your post in the form of a bug report so that it won't get placed in the "not a bug report" pile. From one summoner to another.
    (0)