Character
    Jkap
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

So is Mastery Rank meta?

Hello, ive been playing FFXI for two years now coming from XIV and i love FFXI, theres so much to do and its a fun game..

But now that Mastery Rank is in and people can increase their subjob levels, they can do more things than 49 subjob so SE, will Mastery Rank be meta? I feel like noone would want newer players or a person ( like me) who isn't even close to mastery on DNC, not close on WHM either

So whats going to happen to newer players or players who dont have mastery? Maybe its just me and im being self conscious
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by JKap_Goat View Post
    Hello, ive been playing FFXI for two years now coming from XIV and i love FFXI, theres so much to do and its a fun game..

But now that Mastery Rank is in and people can increase their subjob levels, they can do more things than 49 subjob so SE, will Mastery Rank be meta? I feel like noone would want newer players or a person ( like me) who isn't even close to mastery on DNC, not close on WHM either

So whats going to happen to newer players or players who dont have mastery? Maybe its just me and im being self conscious
    I think there might be a bit of confusion here. Mastery Rank has nothing to do with attaining Master status on a job. Well, okay, it's part of it, but it's not what the term refers to.

Master rank is a number that is meant to reflect one's overall experience with the game to new players/novices in the Assist Channel to lend some credence to the knowledge they share etc. it isn't a gameplay mechanic, so it can't be "meta." I think you're actually referring to reaching the maximum job point gift tier which confers the "Master <job>" designation.

As far as earning Job Points and Master status goes,... well this is like asking if being level 70 when the level cap was 75 is meta. All current content has been cleared without an army of Job Masters, so if you're worried that you can't participate in anything because you haven't reached Master status on a Job, I'd have to say no.

But you say this as if there's something wrong with expecting people to be max level. Job points are a progression system as are master levels. It is generally expected, yes, that players will eventually attain these heights. Both of these systems, along with item levels, basically increase the level cap. Just for technical reasons the character level can only be a two digit number, so that's why these systems exist.

The fear you have is nothing new, it happens with every new progression mechanic in every MMO, people will adapt. Everyone will eventually get there, you will too. Getting master on a job isn't hard, it just takes a while. But so did reaching level 75 when that was the cap. I don't think it is something you should stress over.

As it is right now, getting subjob level to 53 does not really add anything groundbreaking. the only thing that might have been a big deal was Composure which was specifically excluded.
    (1)

Character
    Oecca
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 1
    You are on asura. Yes. You will be required to be M.20

You can expect it to be to expected of you, so just do it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Uroah; 11-12-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    If you are like me playing both XI and XIV, I recommend you to focus on one main job you like the most. Endwalker got delayed by two weeks because... Uh, I know a reason so a good time to do the new stuff.

This game is for the players who are still sticking around and not depending on XIV.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zehira; 11-12-2021 at 01:07 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Just focus a job and you'll get master before you know it. It goes a lot faster if you've unlocked all the bonuses for completing missions and rieve objectives.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Just don't rush, there is literally nothing new that requires you to be master level 20. The hardest content in the game atm is sub job locked... so really not much of a benefit overall.
    (2)