Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Mount Animations

The Chocobo mount animation is really well done, beautifully made, hair moves, armor moves...

The new implemented mounts have zero animation, the player character stays stiff as a brick on top of them, it's like a game bug really. It stands out a lot as not being on the same polish level of everything else in the game, not even near it. It looks very lazy made.

Please, Square Enix, implement the same Chocobo animations for other mounts in the game.
    (2)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Yeah its pretty terrible and highly noticeable on a lot of mounts. Check the Magic Pot mount, the character is so stiff it looks ridiculous.
    (1)

Player
    The issue is, the monster was never intended to be ridden and so does not have animations built into it to accommodate the player bouncing around. If they tired to do this, it would look worse and clip through.

Personally, since it bothers me I don't use those mounts but I notice a lot don't really care. There are plenty that work fine, like raptor, tulfaire and crab etc
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Be grateful, we don't have a Regalia Type-G in "Vana'diel." It's very weird but a four-seat mount is always nice.

Black, red, blue, and green chocobo mounts would be nice. I'd love to ride them more.
    (3)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    You can add your personal chocobo as a mount already, so those colors all available
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The issue is, the monster was never intended to be ridden and so does not have animations built into it to accommodate the player bouncing around. If they tired to do this, it would look worse and clip through.

Personally, since it bothers me I don't use those mounts but I notice a lot don't really care. There are plenty that work fine, like raptor, tulfaire and crab etc

I don't think anyone expects anything fancy, just a variation on the idle animation, so that your character looks like he's still among the living. i.e. just a little natural flexing/wiggling of the limbs etc.
    (2)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Raaz mount will always be my favourite mount!

I agree that some of the other mounts can make the rider look a bit awkward.

But Raaz mount is perfect, imho.

(1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Yeah its pretty terrible and highly noticeable on a lot of mounts. Check the Magic Pot mount, the character is so stiff it looks ridiculous.
    Right? It's not asking much... just a few player character movement here and there, maybe mimic the chocobo original ridding animation or something like that... the way it is now is just silly and really not on par with all the rest of the game (which is from 2002...).

Please, do you know where can one place such suggestions / requests for it to be heard by the developers? Any idea? Thank you.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I don't think anyone expects anything fancy, just a variation on the idle animation, so that your character looks like he's still among the living. i.e. just a little natural flexing/wiggling of the limbs etc.
    Exactly this, nothing fancy, just something on par with the rest of the game (which is from 2002). Not asking much... Is there any place for such suggestions / requests to actually be heard by developers?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Be grateful, we don't have a Regalia Type-G in "Vana'diel." It's very weird but a four-seat mount is always nice.

Black, red, blue, and green chocobo mounts would be nice. I'd love to ride them more.
    God damn how I hate the mounts in FFXIV... don't get me started, nothing makes sense, and it's all so poorly made.
    (2)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast