Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    Do you remember why XI players hated on WoW so long ago? let me tell you, because the toxic minority of players of that game went to every other mmorpg community and kept telling us our games were dying, causing trouble, turning an mmo they pay to play into a competition for world champion (when nobody else cares), saying our games were dying and trying to make us go play their game all the time. They turned the game from a game into a religion and wanted to convert the world, and so they became hated.

A large minority of XIV players do the same to every other mmorpg community but worse, which is why every other mmorpg community from star trek, eso, wow, new world, gw2, tera, b&s and ffxi hates them and by association their game. It's hilariously ironic that these players are desperate for us all to move to their game so they can be number one (they never will be btw, it's all gas lighting), but their own actions ensure we will never now do so and so the game will never grow beyond what it is. Which is the greatest pain to XIV players, because all they care about is being "number one" because all they ever do is talk about how many players they have (even though they know the numbers are bullshots).

XIV has taken the toxic hate crown from wow and wears it with pride, and is the most stinky community in the genre to everyone else bar none. They attack anyone that says anything bad about their game, from streamers to youtubers, they go on other fan reddit subs and steam forums and openly attack those games, they attack anyone that dares to say any cash shop additions are not fantastic (which is why you'll soon have gambling loot boxes) and pretty much turn developers into religious icons.

This is why near every other mmorpg community does not like the game, however for XI we funded the game entirely to be made and then we paid for ARR while it's players paid no sub. We took massive content droughts as our developers were pushed into making it and repairing it, we were treated as the cash cow that paid for your monstrosity to be birthed.

We have many valid reasons to dislike it.

This all aside from the fact as I said that' XIV is basically fortnite the mmorpg. It's extremely casual, has zero respect for it's world and shoves whatever nonsense in it other companies will allow, treats its players like walking ATMs and is nerfed harder every patch in order to appeal to a wider and wider audience of peons.
    (2)
    Last edited by Pixela; 11-21-2021 at 12:44 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    I hate XIV for this reason, they abandoned XI to feed their other game and let it dwindle... How many times have the funds gone to that game when it was failing instead of where it should be? Such a shame, there is no reason for it when they are both completely diff games, they can invest in this more.
    Exactly, specially since it makes zero difference for then to have players on either game. Also, they should encourage more players to subscribe to both games by offering discounts...
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero-Hour View Post
    I would settle for an option to turn off the terrible mount music, it totally destroys to mood in many zones. All you ever hear no matter where you go is the mount music.
    In that regard... one should be able to edit the music files of the game and simply remove the musics one doesn't bare to hear again, and again, and again, anymore. Or a simple area toggle for music in each zone. I'd turn off the mount music and SandOria music immediately.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Do you remember why XI players hated on WoW so long ago? let me tell you, because the toxic minority of players of that game went to every other mmorpg community and kept telling us our games were dying, causing trouble, turning an mmo they pay to play into a competition for world champion (when nobody else cares), saying our games were dying and trying to make us go play their game all the time. They turned the game from a game into a religion and wanted to convert the world, and so they became hated.

A large minority of XIV players do the same to every other mmorpg community but worse, which is why every other mmorpg community from star trek, eso, wow, new world, gw2, tera, b&s and ffxi hates them and by association their game. It's hilariously ironic that these players are desperate for us all to move to their game so they can be number one (they never will be btw, it's all gas lighting), but their own actions ensure we will never now do so and so the game will never grow beyond what it is. Which is the greatest pain to XIV players, because all they care about is being "number one" because all they ever do is talk about how many players they have (even though they know the numbers are bullshots).

XIV has taken the toxic hate crown from wow and wears it with pride, and is the most stinky community in the genre to everyone else bar none. They attack anyone that says anything bad about their game, from streamers to youtubers, they go on other fan reddit subs and steam forums and openly attack those games, they attack anyone that dares to say any cash shop additions are not fantastic (which is why you'll soon have gambling loot boxes) and pretty much turn developers into religious icons.

This is why near every other mmorpg community does not like the game, however for XI we funded the game entirely to be made and then we paid for ARR while it's players paid no sub. We took massive content droughts as our developers were pushed into making it and repairing it, we were treated as the cash cow that paid for your monstrosity to be birthed.

We have many valid reasons to dislike it.

This all aside from the fact as I said that' XIV is basically fortnite the mmorpg. It's extremely casual, has zero respect for it's world and shoves whatever nonsense in it other companies will allow, treats its players like walking ATMs and is nerfed harder every patch in order to appeal to a wider and wider audience of peons.
    Thank you very much.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I hate XIV for this reason, they abandoned XI to feed their other game and let it dwindle...
    Except, this really isn't what happened. And the game was never really abandoned. We still have a dev team and we still get new content. We even still got another expansion well past the release of FFXIV.

It's really just not true no matter how much you want it to be.

XIV has taken the toxic hate crown from wow and wears it with pride, and is the most stinky community in the genre to everyone else bar none.
    I generally disagree with this sentiment. The highest end players in FFXI were toxic back in the day, and there are toxic players in every other MMO. I have seen nothing to suggest to me that FFXIV is more or less toxic than any other MMO.

This is why near every other mmorpg community does not like the game,
    I know of zero entire MMO communities, except possibly FFXI's that hate on FFXIV like this. And I have played many MMOs. If there is such a community that exists, the only reason I can fathom them not liking it is jealousy of its success, "stealing" players from their MMO. I guess its a crime to be successful.

Do you remember why XI players hated on WoW so long ago?
    I always saw the FFXI-WoW thing as a friendly rivalry. Again, there's probably those who felt like WoW's success "stole" players from FFXI, just like the same accusation is made against WoW. But I don't believe that this situation was anything like you're making it out to be.

But this is more just proving my point, with the exception of the opinions of the game's community, this all comes down to hating for the sake of hating, or resentment of its existence. Few will even make the claim that they played it and didn't like it. Some of you have, and that's fair and reasonable. But I feel it's unreasonable to hate on it purely because it became successful and SE decided to focus on it. Games rarely succeed because they are bad, cult phenomenons are not as common as we pretend they are.

Pretty far from the truth. While yes, the game does sell items for money (like every other game on the planet today), I disagree about it having "zero respect for its world-" The lore of the game is deep and complex and I don't think having a collab event or some buyable vanity item compromises that. Collabs are just a popular thing in gaming today, and a lot of people like to see different worlds collide, so to speak. It's fair to say that aquiring players is a motivation for them, however. FFXI has become increasingly guilty of offering items that don't really fit the world, like the tshirts.

There is some partial truth to the nerfing comment. But in reality, existing skillsets get simplified to make room for new high level skills, which is done so that there aren't more buttons than you can fit on like 3 hotbars. However, this is a valid gameplay criticism that I can respect.
    A large minority of XIV players do the same to every other mmorpg community but worse, which is why every other mmorpg community from star trek, eso, wow, new world, gw2, tera, b&s and ffxi hates them and by association their game.
    I really don't know what you're talking about here. I don't know anyone like this in the game. I really have never seen this, where you say people hate on other games/communities and try to paint theirs as the best one or whatever it is you're saying here. It really just isn't a thing to any measurable degree.

TL;DR it's as I said before. I can understand not liking the game for playing it and not liking aspects of its gameplay. That's fine and if you played it and didn't like it for the game it was, that's all fine and dandy and I salute you in your quest to find and play the games you find fun. But all this crap about communities hating on each other, blaming other games for another's success/failiure, none of this really has any merit.

A lot of the non-game related reasons you all are citing are stereotypes- many of them are largely false or otherwise not anywhere near as substantial as you would suggest. The reality is most players of FFXIV, and most other games for that matter, just like their game and don't bend over to dig at other games just for the sake of doing so.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-21-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    No, I don't want him to let it succeed over XIV. Smaller community was much more civilized and mature (around 500k subscribers). Love the international servers. As a RDM/NIN and THF/NIN solo Mithra in 75 cap era, I wasn't impressed with XIV's battle system. He can keep his baby for the WoW refugees (the ones I just met).

Not like SE is riding on a high Dhalmel mount anyway. We see the demand of a remaster and console port very high.
    As I've stated elsewhere, I strongly support and hope for a remaster. I really don't know about console ports though. It helps with player counts but IMHO consoles have never been well suited to MMOs. MMOs usually have too many commands to be manageable with a controller (I don't know how anyone does/did it in this game TBH), and you end up needing a keyboard and/or mouse anyway for communication. And consoles tend to introduce limitations in the long term over an always-upgradable platform like the PC. FFXIV got around this by making PC the main platform, and they can drop and add platforms as they become obsolete/get introduced.

PS2 limitations were a meme for FFXI before most people even knew what memes were.
    (2)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5