Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The idea that anyone who works at SE would be worried that someone moves from one sub game to another also run by SE (that maybe doesn't have many value-added services but also probably costs far less to operate) makes no sense to me whatsoever. This is aside from the fact that subscribing to FFXI and subscribing to FFXIV are not mutually exclusive events.
    They have stated they are both in the same department and counted as one entity anyway, they probably add the XI player numbers and profits to the XIV numbers at investor announcements.
    (2)
    Last edited by Pixela; 11-13-2021 at 12:03 AM.

Character
    Vanfrano
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 67
    Poorly made? I strongly disagree. Yeah, some of it is out of place, but that's partially because it's a fanservice game. every model is unique and many require new animations or poses, new VFX, new sounds, some mounts even had new music added for them, here in FFXI, they're basically just stapling your character onto an existing monster (We did get the one new music track for non-chocobos, but that's it). Granted, I'm actually very thankful they went and gave us more than just the chocobo we had for so long. But it's pretty insulting if not downright false to suggest that FFXIV's mounts are "poorly made" by comparison. My only complaint about them is the ones that are just so obnoxiously large that you can actually interfere with people being able to do certain things COUGH Asmongold COUGH (and maybe get banned for doing it lol).
    He didn't compare them to XI, he only spoke of XIV which indeed has poorly made mounts. Along with a whole lot of poorly made/lazy things.
    (1)

Character
    Kassinia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 50
    I would settle for an option to turn off the terrible mount music, it totally destroys to mood in many zones. All you ever hear no matter where you go is the mount music.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shouk View Post
    He didn't compare them to XI, he only spoke of XIV which indeed has poorly made mounts. Along with a whole lot of poorly made/lazy things.
    With certain exceptions, you are very wrong. It is fine to have opinions as long as you don't frame them as facts.

List examples of mounts you feel are "poorly made" and give specific reasons. "I don't like them" and "they're out of place for the game" are not valid responses.

There are mounts in the game that I don't like, but that doesn't make them "poorly made."

Poorly made would be things like inverted triangles, visble UV mistakes, incorrect animations, sounds etc. Poorly made is not synonymous with "I don't like them" or "it's FFXIV so everything sucks because I resent its existence." Without providing examples and good reasons, your statements ring hollow and sound more like "I hate FFXIV and need excuses to bash it."
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-17-2021 at 08:27 AM.

Character
    Vanfrano
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 67
    With certain exceptions, you are very wrong. It is fine to have opinions as long as you don't frame them as facts.
    lol. Even more coming from you.
    (2)

Player
    FFXI and FFXIV are made for completely different kinds of players, the target audience are nothing alike.

Many of us hate it, becasue it's not made for us.

It's like asking why we would hate fortnite or something, same thing.
    (2)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    FFXI is very unique. I mean it's really depending on the culture. On the official FFXIV forum, it's interesting to see that the Japanese, French, and German communities have been getting official replies while the English community is feeling left out. The NA team has been doing more for FFXI than FFXIV though. Anyways, I think they've been so busy preparing to launch the next expansion.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shouk View Post
    lol. Even more coming from you.
    I don't do that, so, lol to you too I guess.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    FFXI and FFXIV are made for completely different kinds of players, the target audience are nothing alike.

Many of us hate it, becasue it's not made for us.

It's like asking why we would hate fortnite or something, same thing.
    While there is partial truth here, my issue lies with people making the choice to hate it purely over its existence and not over any good or bad qualities it may poseess.
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I hate XIV! For what they did to XI
    (2)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast