Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lortheron View Post
    God damn how I hate the mounts in FFXIV... don't get me started, nothing makes sense, and it's all so poorly made.
    Poorly made? I strongly disagree. Yeah, some of it is out of place, but that's partially because it's a fanservice game. every model is unique and many require new animations or poses, new VFX, new sounds, some mounts even had new music added for them, here in FFXI, they're basically just stapling your character onto an existing monster (We did get the one new music track for non-chocobos, but that's it). Granted, I'm actually very thankful they went and gave us more than just the chocobo we had for so long. But it's pretty insulting if not downright false to suggest that FFXIV's mounts are "poorly made" by comparison. My only complaint about them is the ones that are just so obnoxiously large that you can actually interfere with people being able to do certain things COUGH Asmongold COUGH (and maybe get banned for doing it lol).
    (1)

Player
    My only complaint about mounts on ffxiv is they want money, when they already get a sub.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    My only complaint about mounts on ffxiv is they want money, when they already get a sub.
    Every other modern MMO sells stuff why not FFXIV? There are dozens and dozens of mounts you can unlock in game without paying extra as well.

I mean I'm not going to say I generally like the concept, but paid DLC has been around a long time and clearly isn't going anywhere.
    Plus there are perks, it's fun to give away those mounts on live streams.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Gaining more money makes Yoshi-P the ultimate boss here. Yes, here because XI is also his department. Few months ago, he was questioned about if SE should continue XI. He basically was saying XI is still going very strong. Maybe move the servers to the cloud server to lower the cost. He worried he could lose all his hard work if more players move to XI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2S4UGirVVE

Free mounts are always good.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The idea that anyone who works at SE would be worried that someone moves from one sub game to another also run by SE (that maybe doesn't have many value-added services but also probably costs far less to operate) makes no sense to me whatsoever. This is aside from the fact that subscribing to FFXI and subscribing to FFXIV are not mutually exclusive events.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Poorly made? I strongly disagree. Yeah, some of it is out of place, but that's partially because it's a fanservice game. every model is unique and many require new animations or poses, new VFX, new sounds, some mounts even had new music added for them, here in FFXI, they're basically just stapling your character onto an existing monster (We did get the one new music track for non-chocobos, but that's it). Granted, I'm actually very thankful they went and gave us more than just the chocobo we had for so long. But it's pretty insulting if not downright false to suggest that FFXIV's mounts are "poorly made" by comparison. My only complaint about them is the ones that are just so obnoxiously large that you can actually interfere with people being able to do certain things COUGH Asmongold COUGH (and maybe get banned for doing it lol).
    FFXI is not my comparison in terms of quality, except maybe for the Chocobo original mount. Still, FFXIV mounts are a clipping galore and some very poorly animated, specially the cars, not to say: extremely out of place and immersion breaking. Also some mounts should not be able to jump at all, many of them actually, others should not be able to fly, and some should steer and behave overall different. Why have 34872x mounts if they all behave the same?? If they go trough the trouble of making new sounds, animations, models, textures, etc., they should really go all in and make it unique and care of immersion and things like clipping, etc., or it's best to simply not implement it in the first place at all. Quality of quantity, always (this used to be Square Enix way of thinking, BTW).
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Gaining more money makes Yoshi-P the ultimate boss here. Yes, here because XI is also his department. Few months ago, he was questioned about if SE should continue XI. He basically was saying XI is still going very strong. Maybe move the servers to the cloud server to lower the cost. He worried he could lose all his hard work if more players move to XI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2S4UGirVVE

Free mounts are always good.
    It's sad that they halted the plans to update the engine, interface, etc., and never came back to it, thanks to the launch of FFXIV... If they had done at least this around the time when FFXIV came out, we could have many more players in FFXI now a days. Also, they should've struggled to bring FFXI to the PS3 and PS4 too.

Basically when FFXIV came out, all of the available money the company had, even FFXI money, went all into FFXIV... so unfair. I believe that to this day, most of the money FFXI generates does not come back to the game : (
    (2)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It's sad that they halted the plans to update the engine, interface, etc., and never came back to it, thanks to the launch of FFXIV... If they had done at least this around the time when FFXIV came out, we could have many more players in FFXI now a days. Also, they should've struggled to bring FFXI to the PS3 and PS4 too.

Basically when FFXIV came out, all of the available money the company had, even FFXI money, went all into FFXIV... so unfair. I believe that to this day, most of the money FFXI generates does not come back to the game : (
    So true. I still have a feeling really none of Yoshi's fault because Tanaka started it and Yoshi had to fix it for the sake of the company. There is really no reason hating on FFXIV just because it's different. I am sure Yoshi was impressed with how graphics were created in 2002.

Still waiting for the 20th.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

I hate XIV for this reason, they abandoned XI to feed their other game and let it dwindle... How many times have the funds gone to that game when it was failing instead of where it should be? Such a shame, there is no reason for it when they are both completely diff games, they can invest in this more.
    (2)

Player
    . . . . . . . . . .
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 11-13-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast