Character
    Fyrcatimes
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 44

Can not get leeches to spawn for Ayame and Kaede

I click on the ??? and all it ever says is "There is nothing out of the ordinary here." I have been here for hours killing mobs, changed jobs, logged out multiple times, looked up every option to get it to work including making sure that I have the quest and I went through the cut scenes fine just wont say anything other then this.

Appreciate any help available, this is making me want to not play anymore because this is the one job that I was excited to play.

Hephjr02
    (0)

Character
    Sensei
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I wonder if you have missed a step in the quest. That is usually the problem. If the quest does not show in your log, you might need to talk to Ensetsu again

Talk to Kaede in Port Bastok at (J-5) (northernmost house) for a cutscene.
    Next talk to Kagetora in Warehouse 2.
    Go back and talk to Ensetsu who will ask you for a favor. (This quest will now appear in the Bastok quests log.)
    Go to the Korroloka Tunnel (K/L-8) Map 5 to find a ??? that spawns three Korroloka Leeches.
    (1)

Character
    Fyrcatimes
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 44

I have the quest

I have the quest in my Current Quests > Bastok: Current Quests > Ayame and Kaede
    (0)

Character
    Sensei
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Two other possibilities you might try:

I see a note on the old wiki about relogging if the leeches do not spawn but you have probably done that already.

There is another ??? not far from the leech spawn. The one you want is at L8 which is at a dead end and marked as odd coral (Ninja Quest) on the enhanced ffxi maps if you have them available. There is a green coral-like structure at the spawn. There is another ??? not far from there near some small waterfalls and ponds at F9/10. That one is for the Metallic Slime (Blighted Gloom quest).

Hope this helps. If not feel free to give me a shout in game.
    (0)