Staumarth problems, Help Needed

So. I'm a level 99 RUN/RDM and I wanted to get the Job exclusive armor, cuz ya know, its cool. I got 4 trusts, 5 man party. I go in, no big deal right? This elemental monster is ridiculously strong and resistant to everything which makes my mostly physical team, useless. use lightning, spam it, shock spikes, wait for lightning day, spam thunder, and Ga-Lu-Sw. I just read the wiki guides on the very specific team builds of mages and such, and realized how futile it was to try doing this alone. I didn't expect this questline to be that brutal where you basically need 8+ people.

So I lack IRL friends who play this, and I have no idea how tougher this questline is for the relic armor. I have lv 110+ Gear, and it still whoops me back into oblivion. I usually am hesitant on MMOs despite wanting to make friends on it. If there are any post-game players that are nice and supportive, I would really appreciate getting help to build a proper team to take down the staumarth so i can get the last item to get the Beorc Sword.

I'm on Ragnarok, and my name is Telemakhos, for those who want to try helping me out. befriend me i am usually online consistently
    (0)

Player
    You know that Item level is a kind of actual level system right? As in you want to be wearing Ilevel 119 gear and not any 110, since that would make you 9 levels lower.

Itemlevel not only boosts your level but your trusts too.

If you equip full 119 gear you should have a much easier time of it, can buy some easily from here:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Thurandaut_Armor_Set_%2B1

Post about it here, https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/commen...urmarth_asura/

Can also try /yell if you don't get any help from this post, or try reddit sub.
    (0)

My gear:
    119 gsword
    50 strap
    117 torso
    105 hands
    117 legs
    117 feet
    61 cape
    78 thew bomblet
    99 neck
    30 Lear
    75 Rear
    99 Lring
    99 Rring
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    the only gear that generally counts toward item level is mainhand, head, body, hands, legs, feet.
    Sometimes sub, range, or ammo have item level as well but those slots don't need to be.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    You can check your current iLvl status on the character pop-up status menu, under name and job etc.

It needs to be 119 for any serious battle.

It is worth checking that character status menu, before you call Trusts, and before you engage in battle.
    (1)