Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Destinyfate
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Problem with windows 11

My game crashes randomly in certain zones like port sandy or when enlarging the chat box. It was running fine with windows 10, after upgrade, I get random crashes.
    (0)

Good morning Darkcyrus, and thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XI Technical Forums.

I apologize for the delay in response to this issue. If you are still experiencing this issue, please respond with the following:

Error message(s) received:
    Other programs being used when running FFXI:
    Techniques used to solve problem:
    How often does this error occur?
    Have you attempted to adjust the settings under 'FINAL FANTASY XI Config'?

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums!
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I wish I could help you, but I've been running Win11 since it first came out on the Insider dev channel and FFXI has been as stable as it was before I upgraded.
    There was an issue however with certain intel CPUs and certain games, but I kinda doubt FFXI was among those. I suppose it's possible though. But that issue was supposed to have been fixed.
    (0)

Greetings fellow adventurer,

Unfortunately, Windows 11 is not an officially supported platform for Final Fantasy XI at this time so bugs and problems may arise as a result. We advise changing the game's executable file under Properties > Compatibility to "Windows 7, 8 or 10" to see if this may help resolve the issue. You may also want to try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it. Furthermore, it may be better to do a direct reinstall of Windows 11 instead of using an upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 to see if this may help. If you are having further issues with Windows 11, we advise contacting Microsoft support for further assistance.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums!
    (1)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

FFXI on Windows 11

Hello,

It has been 9 months since your last information on FFXI and Windows 11. Please can we have an update? Additionally:

My Son just bought from Dell a 27 inch All in One Inspiron. It comes only with Windows 11 Home.

There are two (2) reasons to have some idea (official and unofficial) the support date for Windows 11. They are:

1) FFXI is a major reason for the system I bought for my Son.
    2) Given Dell and other manufacturers are for home / personal system mostly selling Windows 11 (only) systems, we'd love to know when or if ever SE will support Windows 11 (especially for those people with newly bought systems).

Thank you for your time and hopefully an idea when we'll get support.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As the support person said, not being supported doesn't mean it won't work. I've been running the game on windows 11 since it the first Windows Insider dev branch builds were released, on a system with an unsupported CPU (first generation AMD Ryzen). The game works fine for me.
    (0)

Character
    Darkdragongers
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think you talking this?

To install and enable DirectPlay on Windows 11/10, follow these steps:
    Search for the windows features in the Taskbar search box.
    Click on the Turn Windows features on or off search result.
    Find out Legacy Components and click the plus icon.
    Tick the DirectPlay.
    Click the OK button.
    Restart your computer.
    (0)

Have you tried changing the "High DPI scaling" option in Windows 10 or 11?

Right-click on pol.exe and click Properties, then Compatibility tab, then down the list click "change high DPI settings" and try enable the top option and then load up the game.

I had to change that option to get the game to even run as my desktop scale is over 100%, which this game seems to have issues with on certain hardware.
    (0)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    As the support person said, not being supported doesn't mean it won't work. I've been running the game on windows 11 since it the first Windows Insider dev branch builds were released, on a system with an unsupported CPU (first generation AMD Ryzen). The game works fine for me.
    Hello and thank you for your reply,

As I was pointing out it has been 9 months since the last we heard from someone at SE about Windows 11. I am hoping for an update on when we might or will see Windows 11 support - if ever. After all it has been over a year since Microsoft officially released Windows 11.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by IBHalliwell View Post
    Hello and thank you for your reply,

As I was pointing out it has been 9 months since the last we heard from someone at SE about Windows 11. I am hoping for an update on when we might or will see Windows 11 support - if ever. After all it has been over a year since Microsoft officially released Windows 11.
    You may never see Windows 11 support for this game.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast