Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by IBHalliwell View Post
    Hello and thank you for your reply,

As I was pointing out it has been 9 months since the last we heard from someone at SE about Windows 11. I am hoping for an update on when we might or will see Windows 11 support - if ever. After all it has been over a year since Microsoft officially released Windows 11.
    Who knows if it will happen or not. I'm just telling you, that regardless of official recognition, it does work.
    (0)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Who knows if it will happen or not. I'm just telling you, that regardless of official recognition, it does work.
    Hello and Thank you for your reply Alhanelem,

I bought my Son a Dell Inspiron 27 7710 AIO running Windows 11 Home. I installed FFXI.

After playing it for 15 minutes or so, he saw the Window running FFIX simply disappear. No errors and no messages.

I turned on Windows compatibility mode setting it to 8. It STILL had the same problem but he was able to run for a little bit more than an hour before the window simply disappeared without any message or dialog box.

Any thoughts or suggestions? He says he can't trust the system as he could be in a battle or party, etc where people are counting on him.

I offered to return the Dell, as we're still in the 30 days return period. He has faith SE will get it working, but hey, I don't know.

Every home computer today is coming with Windows 11 and SE sees fit to NOT support FFXI on Windows 11. Will they support it and if so when?

Thank you.
    (0)
    Last edited by IBHalliwell; 08-29-2022 at 06:46 AM.

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdragongers View Post
    I think you talking this?

To install and enable DirectPlay on Windows 11/10, follow these steps:
    Search for the windows features in the Taskbar search box.
    Click on the Turn Windows features on or off search result.
    Find out Legacy Components and click the plus icon.
    Tick the DirectPlay.
    Click the OK button.
    Restart your computer.
    Hi,

I checked and DirectPlay is on. In fact, I remember the FFXI Benchmark 3 turned DirectPlay or Windows 11 turned it on first time I used FFXI Benchmark 3.

Thank you for your reply!
    (0)

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    You may never see Windows 11 support for this game.

Wow! Really? Why? Is SE discontinuing FFXI?! I mean come 2026 and there won't be a Windows 10.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The insight I can provide here is fairly limited. All I can tell you is I have this PC i built myself like 5 years ago. I'm running windows 11 even though MS doesn't really want me to and have had no issues playing the game.

The most likely culprit is probably the GPU drivers. Try installing the reference drivers from AMD/NVIDIA's website for your graphics hardware, and see if that helps. Dell in particular often has their own drivers for the hardware andd it could cause issues. Intel integrated graphics I think people have also had issues. This in spite of the fact that the game barely uses your GPU in any way at all.

(The annoying thing with graphics drivers in win11 for me has been sometimes it wants to install drivers through windows update even if I have a newer version from AMD directly, so if you install the reference drivers, you may want to disable the optional updates so that it only updates Windows itself)

If you do want to return the Dell, I'd reccomend doing a self-build or buying a proper desktop PC rather than an all-in-one, these will be much better for gaming, as all-in-ones often have laptop graphics hardware in them, and more likely to have issues with some games. especially older ones.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-29-2022 at 11:01 AM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by IBHalliwell View Post
    Wow! Really? Why? Is SE discontinuing FFXI?! I mean come 2026 and there won't be a Windows 10.
    Why would you jump to such a silly conclusion? Unless told otherwise, the game isnt ending.

There will still be Windows 10 in 4 years, lol. SE just won't provide 11 support unless absolutely necessary. Even then we don't know if they have any actual issues doing so.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The most likely culprit is probably the GPU drivers.
    This seems unlikely to me. The game runs fine for a while and just disappears. That doesn't scream GPU to me.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    This seems unlikely to me. The game runs fine for a while and just disappears. That doesn't scream GPU to me.
    I mean, I've seen it happen. Not specifically with FFXI, but when a game simply terminates it could be literally anything if it doesn't give you an error message.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2