Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Account Penalty Policy

Can we seriously have a system that removes an account penalty after a period of time has elapsed? We have a two strikes and you're banned policy on this game still and it's nearly 20 years old, I killed a RMT fishbot 13 years ago and got an account strike and 2 week suspension for it. If I do anything again I will get a full account ban, as much as I love this game I and many others will not start again.

A system like this was designed long ago when the game was still seen as a 5 year project, there has to be a period of time where these things are removed from the account. This is also why many people refuse to post here, becasue they think forum bans maybe linked to their accounts.

This was recently changed on FF14, where accounts warnings are removed after 3 years. Now I am fully aware how ban happy FF14 is and FF11 isn't as strict but I don't think it's too much to ask that past crimes be erased after 3-4 years of play.

Since penalties would lose their significance if they were erased after a short period, Penalty Points accrued from penalties of the lowest severity (a Caution) will not start decaying until at least one year has passed. Those involving a “temporary service account suspension,” or more severe, will not start decaying until a minimum of a three to six-year period has passed. We believe users who manage to maintain good in-game behavior during this period will not suddenly forget their long-term commitment even if the reduction system completely erases their accrued Penalty Points.
    (1)

What is the challenge to keep an account in good standing? People's behaviors are their own doing, and Final Fantasy has a strong stance online manners. I for one am really glad that my online interactions with people in this game are well governed, and if anyone goes out of line with vulgar abuse they will severely be dealt with.

14 years ago I wasn't the same person I am right now. I've used abusive language against a specific person in Dragon's Aery during the HNM days, got my suspension, and now that strike will never go away from my account. It doesn't bother me too much though because I am in control of my behavior and know that I won't put myself in this position again.
    (0)

Player
    5 years is more than enough time passed for any past warning to be wiped.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    5 years is more than enough time passed for any past warning to be wiped.
    What is the justification behind that, and what is the justification that people can't control their manners.
    (0)

Player
    Because this game is 20 years old and lives or dies based on the recurring play of the veterans, there is nothing to gain from banning someone over something they did 15 years ago due to having 2 minor warnings.

Also, if someone can behave for 5 years they are not going to instantly go off on one anyway.

The point of a warning system is to teach someone a lesson, I think 5 years is lesson enough.
    (2)

Because this game is 20 years old and lives or dies based on the recurring play of the veterans, there is nothing to gain from banning someone over something they did 15 years ago due to having 2 minor warnings.

Also, if someone can behave for 5 years they are not going to instantly go off on one anyway.

The point of a warning system is to teach someone a lesson, I think 5 years is lesson enough.
    Ya that's why I put myself as the example, 14 years ago I got penalized, all I have to do now to keep my account safe is to prevent that situation from happening, and it's 100% in my control.
    (0)

Character
    Oecca
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduran View Post
    Ya that's why I put myself as the example, 14 years ago I got penalized, all I have to do now to keep my account safe is to prevent that situation from happening, and it's 100% in my control.
    It may be within your control but it's the dumbest shit ever. Permanent records in a VIDEO GAME.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    This is also why many people refuse to post here, becasue they think forum bans maybe linked to their accounts.
    Five years ago, I got a one-month ban from this forum, after telling a joke, and the email they sent me said [paraphrased] ; "... if there are any further violations, it may result in you being banned from all current and future SE products ..."

So it would seem that forum bans do cross over into game bans.

When I read that email, I felt very happy. I certainly have no complaints!

I am actually thankful, to know where the line is drawn. I can pretend to be Mary Poppins. Makes no difference to me.

I would like to see in-game RMT / botting activity punished with equal or even greater strictness.

(2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduran View Post
    This is not correct, what if a GM makes a mistake, what if a family member gets on your account when you goto the toilet and does or says something against the ToS, what if your account gets hacked and they do something against the rules?

Pencils have erasers for a reason, a warning is a safety net. 5 years is sufficient, anything beyond that is vindictive and counter productive to running a business.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Uroah View Post
    It may be within your control but it's the dumbest shit ever. Permanent records in a VIDEO GAME.
    A video game played by thousands and hundred of thousands. Not everyone has the same values or personal integrity as others do, so such measures should be taken to ensure parity and equality.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast