Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    This is not correct, what if a GM makes a mistake, what if a family member gets on your account when you goto the toilet and does or says something against the ToS, what if your account gets hacked and they do something against the rules?

Pencils have erasers for a reason, a warning is a safety net. 5 years is sufficient, anything beyond that is vindictive and counter productive to running a business.
    - When a GM makes a mistake, you can appeal, and further investigations will take place.
    - If an account was hacked, necessary investigations will be made to prove so.
    - If a family members gets on your account, that's your responsibility.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Five years ago, I got a one-month ban from this forum, after telling a joke, and the email they sent me said [paraphrased] ; "... if there are any further violations, it may result in you being banned from all current and future SE products ..."

So it would seem that forum bans do cross over into game bans.

When I read that email, I felt very happy. I certainly have no complaints!

I am actually thankful, to know where the line is drawn. I can pretend to be Mary Poppins. Makes no difference to me.
    You are so cute. One-month ban was a pretty long time. I got my 10-day ban from this forum twice. Different than the rest of others. Something like that is also different than the official FFXIV forum I experienced years ago.

I was never banned from the game. Only got kicked out of the connection few times (both FF11 and FF14 at the same time).

Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I would like to see in-game RMT / botting activity punished with equal or even greater strictness.

Oh, SE is not going to ban the bots any time soon I am afraid. Based on the last four reports from FFXIV.

Time Period: Sep. 30, 2021 to Oct. 6, 2021

・Participation in RMT/prohibited activities
     ・Accounts terminated: 3,347
     ・Accounts temporarily suspended: 17

・RMT advertising
     ・Accounts terminated: 999
    Time Period: Oct. 7, 2021 to Oct. 13, 2021

・Accounts terminated: 4,561
     ・Accounts temporarily suspended: 9

・Botting activity (excluding RMT vendors)
     ・Accounts temporarily suspended: 7
    *Botting activity by RMT vendors has been included under "Participation in RMT/prohibited activities."

・RMT advertising
     ・Accounts terminated: 1,563
    Time Period: Oct. 14, 2021 to Oct. 20, 2021

・Accounts terminated: 4,129

・Accounts temporarily suspended: 1
    *Botting activity by RMT vendors has been included under "Participation in RMT/prohibited activities."

・RMT advertising
     ・Accounts terminated: 1,645
    Time Period: Oct. 21, 2021 to Oct. 27, 2021

・Accounts terminated: 5,216

・Accounts terminated: 2
     ・Accounts temporarily suspended: 1

・RMT advertising
     ・Accounts terminated: 1,226
    That's all? Interesting...

Also SE, you are so cute. <3

We thank you all for your continued support, and will continue to update and review our rules and policies to ensure our players can safely enjoy their time in FINAL FANTASY XIV.
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'd like to see permanent bans done away with entirely. (except for RMT ofc)
    Instead give a costume effect that makes them unable to leave their chosen town, unable to use shout/yell, and persists through death for X time (days ~ month)
    *costumes make you unable to interact w/ others.

This way, you're seen in basically time out for a long time, known as someone who did wrong, and can't do anything, but must run XI to keep that costume counting down. The game is a glorified chat room with only their friends until the 'time-out' is over with.
    Can also reset their gil to 0 as an additional penalty.
    (1)

Character
    Oecca
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    I'd like to see permanent bans done away with entirely. (except for RMT ofc)
    Instead give a costume effect that makes them unable to leave their chosen town, unable to use shout/yell, and persists through death for X time (days ~ month)
    *costumes make you unable to interact w/ others.

This way, you're seen in basically time out for a long time, known as someone who did wrong, and can't do anything, but must run XI to keep that costume counting down. The game is a glorified chat room with only their friends until the 'time-out' is over with.
    Can also reset their gil to 0 as an additional penalty.
    That's all really dumb, but that said it's still an improvement over a life time ban.
    (1)

Player
    I have no problem with bans, but there should be no permanent record for past misdeeds. Everything should have a decay, even if it's 6 years.

It's amazing to me anyone would argue against this, vindictiveness I guess.
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I agree with OP. Why is XIV getting all these cool additions and changes and we literally get nothing at all? I get that its more popular atm, but it shouldn't be hard to implement the exact same systems you have in place for your other MMO. How easily you could have avoided losing TONS of customers if this system had been in place years ago. Just do it now, people change and they shouldn't have to walk on eggshells after a suspension in fear they will get banned forever and lose it all. You are literally bleeding a lot of money because you constantly activate auto ban software and hit your real players who got accustomed to skirting the thin line after you did nothing for years. Only a warning is needed, and if the strikes wear off after a few years I think it would be fair to everyone.
    (2)

Character
    Ariandra
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    HI!
    Why not reactivate one of the deactivated servers and send offenders including RMT bots to that server, the penalty will be to pay for the server transfer, money in SE's pocket all day, of course RMT would delete and remake on other servers, again money in SE's pocket all day, you reading this SE?
    (0)
    HI!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2