Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

A.M.A.N. Trove suggestion

Jupiter Orb:
    cost: 15 silver vouchers.

content: 11 Aurum Strongboxes.
    Center strongbox is always the mimic.
    To exit, you must kill the mimic, after which the exit strongbox will appear.

This gives people a different version where luck is removed, and it's about the party actually beating the mimic instead. It's guaranteed drops though, so cost must be increased from the other Trove battles.
    (0)

Player
    For what it's worth that has potential to be worth in excess of 1 billion gil. Only 15 vouchers would be a steal.

The fight isn't difficult, it's just not worth doing as is so isn't done. You make it worth a billion plus, it'll be done all day every day.
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    okay, 20 vouchers. That way you have to do all objectives, buy max, and do all Voracious fight repeats for it each month.

The fight isn't that easy either. Can petrify your whole party then proceed to wipe them out with that 100/tick poison while smacking them to death.

I've done the fight like 20~ times mostly for fun and we would fail around a third of the time.
    (0)

Player
    Being bad at it, doesn't mean it's difficult. Simple gimmick, use the proper party, buff properly, fight properly.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yvone; 10-14-2021 at 02:35 AM.

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvone View Post
    Being bad at it, doesn't mean it's difficult. Simple gimmick, use the proper party, buff properly, fight properly.
    have you ever even killed it?
    it has been 2 years since I last fought it, maybe something changed to make it easy?
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I just tried recently, kept getting it to 50% with a full party but mostly of mules. It was fun and its definately doable. Petrify is from an AOE ws, that you WHM can stand out of range on. The rest is just massive AOE damage, so you need a good healer probably not a auto mule. You also need a BRD on stun duty via lullaby to stop Death.
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    I just tried recently, kept getting it to 50% with a full party but mostly of mules. It was fun and its definately doable. Petrify is from an AOE ws, that you WHM can stand out of range on. The rest is just massive AOE damage, so you need a good healer probably not a auto mule. You also need a BRD on stun duty via lullaby to stop Death.
    so still a tough fight, the last phase being the hardest of all. It's definitely doable, i thought the petrify was 25'~30' making it impossible for the whm to cure while out of range. We kept our COR out of sight range and brought him in to stona the whm.
    I just wish it had better rewards than JUST a Title & saving the rewards from previously opened chests from being lost. if the rest of the chests respawned instead of just the exit that'd also be fine.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    so still a tough fight, the last phase being the hardest of all. It's definitely doable, i thought the petrify was 25'~30' making it impossible for the whm to cure while out of range. We kept our COR out of sight range and brought him in to stona the whm.
    I just wish it had better rewards than JUST a Title & saving the rewards from previously opened chests from being lost. if the rest of the chests respawned instead of just the exit that'd also be fine.
    What's the strat for killing the mimic? I never tried it, survived the Kathwack with reraise items, but how do you damage it?
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    We went all /whm, and basically try to zerg it down while keeping up on heals and keeping reraise on after each time he does the move. You must stun Death with lullaby and have dark carol/RUN with lux powered JA's for darkness.
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    What's the strat for killing the mimic? I never tried it, survived the Kathwack with reraise items, but how do you damage it?
    https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52655/the-aman-trove-bc/18#3369652
    I don't know if he posted any of the videos when we ran it together. solo DD SAM/run, BRD, COR, GEO, GEO, WHM. the rest /whm'd.
    The post is when he ran w/ martel tanking. swap one geo for run and same setup basically. probably /drg or /war on sam, idk.
    The COR stayed at 30' or further and just waited to see the whm get petrified or slept w/ sublimation cap to run in. the rest of us stood in range of curaga and kept everything top'd off.

Never did get to test if we could aspir all its MP away to stop it from casting death or if it had an auto-refresh to make that impossible.
    (1)
    Last edited by Voidstorm; 10-14-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast