Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    It doesn't matter, he is doing things first and foremost with BOTS and its all automated. Secondly, he is harassing players and lastly he is acting out of bad will. Stop victim shaming, people make MISTAKES, we are human ok
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    It doesn't matter, he is doing things first and foremost with BOTS and its all automated. Secondly, he is harassing players and lastly he is acting out of bad will. Stop victim shaming, people make MISTAKES, we are human ok
    It's not victim shaming, it's just a fact.

Yes, they shouldn't be doing it, but we should also be making people more aware of it and what they can do to avoid it. That's not shaming, it's helping.
    (0)

Player
    I didn't realize Odoro was live streaming.

I never fell victim to him but I feel bad for those who do. I interact with Oboro the NPC a lot, but it was to deposit job points to unlock RMEA augmenting, which doesn't involve trading. Recently I started upgrading a +2 Dynamis neckpiece so that could have hurt a lot if I gave it to some crook.

Well, now it's a moot point because I moved over to Bahamut server. But for people still on Asura, all you have to do is blacklist the guy and you'll be unable to trade at all. I tried to spread this message.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    everyone knows about this idk how so many people fall for it.

But NPC names should generally be blocked from being character names in the first place.
    Fighting scams is like cleaning up elephant poop with a gardening spade. You can try and try but there's always more crap (victims) coming so you can't keep up.

I'm a little worried though that someone's gonna make an Odoro on other servers. If I register a character on a server and then quickly delete that character, does it lock out the name for others?
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Not if they delete it but if its banned it does block it for everyone. Listen, this is an MMO not a real world. SE has the power to easily ban this guy and anyone pretending to follow in his footsteps. The problem we have is that they care less than nothing about this game! Look at FFXIV, they suspended a bunch of people trolling that streamer guy from WoW. SO they can suspend a bunch of clout chasers for using mounts to block NPCs, but they wont ban a known thief who is actively stealing peoples items maliciously? There can be no further evidence that they absolutely dont care.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2