Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    You're allowed to be wrong.
    So are you.
    Then remove XIV from steam, since XI has more player numbers than XIV does on Steam. If one matters they both do.

Of course in both cases, the vast majority of all players in either game are not using Steam. And in both cases, removing the game from Steam wouldn't have a big impact on total player counts. And to be fair to FFXI, it wasn't added to steam for several years, so few people ever got the game that way.

I don't give a rats behind about any of these numbers, I'll love FFXI til I'm the only person with a sub. I'm just putting this here so people know you're talking out your behind while trying to call other people wrong.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-30-2022 at 02:03 AM.

Player
    You're now mad. You are well aware that I was saying XI has more players than XIV on steam.

I was also not saying XIV doesn't have a lot of players, I was saying it doesn't have as many as they pretend it does and benefits from the XI player numbers and profits. Especially when they use vague language, for instance I alone have over 80 "characters" on XI that are on XIV square enix accounts.

If they didn't need XI to boost player numbers, they would state them separate on financial reports.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You're now mad. You are well aware that I was saying XI has more players than XIV on steam.
    Yes. And I proved you wrong by showing you both games' steam numbers. And then you proceeded to change the goal posts, as # of characters != # of players. FFXIAH is showing you all the characters it has ever seen created. Those aren't all active players. And while you can add up all the people who did something on the AH and get a reasonable idea of the people playing, that's an entirely different number than what Steam is giving you- that's total players, not concurrent players. Steam only gives concurrent players- which needs to be multiplied several times over to get any semblance of an idea of how many total active players there are, as most people aren't logged in 24 7.

And again: Most players on FFXIV are not on steam. The numbers I gave you are ONLY steam users, and only concurrent users. This doesn't include non-steam PC players, Mac players (okay not many of those), and PS4 and PS5 players.

You can not compare total users to concurrent users.

If they didn't need XI to boost player numbers, they would state them separate on financial reports.
    Your logic is flawed. Both games operate under one business unit. There is no reason to state them seperately on financial reports. Your accusations of number fudging are ridiculous.

Also it bears mentioning that in measuring AH transactions in particular, you're including tons of RMT bots, who make new characters EVERY DAY, which inflates those numbers over the period which FFXIAH says constitutes "active." These users can only ever be counted once at a time in concurrent user numbers.

DISCLAIMER: This doesn't mean FFXIV doesn't have bots, because it does. I"m merely pointing out how FFXIAH's method of calcualtion can count the same player multiple times.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-30-2022 at 02:19 AM.

Player
    My logic isn't flawed at all you're just outraged, when you cool down you'll be fine. Give it a an hour or so and you'll stop hyper ventilating.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I know what you're trying to do, you're trying to "prove" that I "idolize" FFXIV by provoking me to argue about it.

But I apparently need to make one thing clear: I post on this forum because I play FFXI and I care about the game. I'm not an FFXIV worshipper, if anything, I'm just a sucker for people who make false and disingenuous statements. I'm not going to pretend that FFXIV isn't successful when it has been- the idea that they need to add numbers from FFXI to make FFXIV's numbers look better is ridiculous. The size of FFXIV's population is plain from the servers being full all the time and them needing to bend over backwards during a chip shortage to buy new server machines to increase capacity. FFXIV's success was being limited by their inability to expand the servers in a timely fashion.

My logic isn't flawed at all you're just outraged, when you cool down you'll be fine. Give it a an hour or so and you'll stop hyper ventilating.
    Your logic is flawed. You've proven as well that your only purpose here is to bait me.

Okay, the way I phrased that was a bit mean. So I made it a little nicer. One day you'll make it past the denial phase.

I mean, you claimed FFXI had more players than FFXIV did on steam.
    FFXI has 5 concurrent users on steam.
    FFXIV has 22k.
    that is /thread. You then changed the goal posts and compared concurrent users on steam to "active users based on FFXIAH auction history." Two different and uncomparable numbers.

Take your own advice and stop being mad that FFXIV was a bigger success.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-30-2022 at 02:29 AM.

Player
    The point I made was simply that XI boosts XIV player numbers and profits (which is 100% does), it has a sizeable playerbase comparable to games like EVE, Everquest, New World and many other medium sized mmorpgs. The only difference is that every XI player pays money, there are no free players here. The money it brings in is very substantial in this genre and any mmorpg would want to add it to their main product as a booster.

I'm not saying XIV isn't a successful game, I'm just saying it's not as successful as they wish it was and XI helps them appear bigger than they actually are.

They want to keep 11 running for a reason, and that reason is XIV.

Nothing you say about XI player numbers of whatever hurts my feelings at all and is meaningless, because I know what XI is. However I know any swipe at the size of your XIVmanhood cuts deep to your soul, because you are emotionally attached to the fictional PR storytime of what XIV is.

You have absorbed the fairlytale success story of XIV into your being to such a degree that saying it doesn't have millions of players is an personal attack on you as a person. Which is sad.

(1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They want to keep 11 running for a reason, and that reason is XIV.
    Seriously man, just stop, and take your own advice. You're taking your FFXIV hate to a whole new level. You don't have to like it, I really don't have a problem with you not liking it. But stop making up all kinds of BS to justify why you hate it and why everyone else should too.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    As much as I hate to agree with Analhelm, he's right about this one. The way you phrased it implies XIV has fewer Steam players than XI does.
    (1)
    It's your server.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    As much as I hate to agree with Analhelm, he's right about this one. The way you phrased it implies XIV has fewer Steam players than XI does.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpWj2vOEBmA
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast