Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Regarding New Character Creation on Asura World

Greetings, everyone.
    FINAL FANTASY XI Producer Matsui here.

We have confirmed that new characters cannot be created on the Asura World due to the World reaching its maximum character capacity. To address the situation, we are planning to increase character capacity limits in the version update maintenance scheduled for Monday, October 11.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience until the issue is addressed.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Greetings, everyone.
    FINAL FANTASY XI Producer Matsui here.

We have confirmed that new characters cannot be created on the Asura World due to the World reaching its maximum character capacity. To address the situation, we are planning to increase character capacity limits in the version update maintenance scheduled for Monday, October 11.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience until the issue is addressed.
    Forgive me, but could you maybe not do that? Balanced server populations serve the community far better. If you raise the population limit, it's just going to get even more impossible for current Asurans to enter salvage, increase wait times for other things, make it more impossible to grind without paying someone else to do it, etc...
    (4)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Forgive me, but could you maybe not do that? Balanced server populations serve the community far better. If you raise the population limit, it's just going to get even more impossible for current Asurans to enter salvage, increase wait times for other things, make it more impossible to grind without paying someone else to do it, etc...
    In fairness, I used to work as a chef/server at the banquet/restaurant/bistro (a big private business) and you can tell how I understood what SE is... Honestly, I'd like to wish them the best for their servers and still I don't think we, Asurans, ever want to tell new players to [beep] off...

Still, Matsui is the coolest producer in SE I know.
    (0)

Player
    Thank you for fixing this, locked servers would be bad for the game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 10-06-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Thank you for fixing this, locked servers would be bad for the game.
    No, on the contrary, they're very good for the game.

On top of slowing down bot creation (something I'm sure y'all have noticed), it means more players on other servers. And they deserve those players.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Also I have to ask, instead of increasing capacity, why not offer free or incentivized transfers off of Asura?
    (0)

Player
    Because money. The only reason it's being fixed in the first place. The only reason asura is like it is in the first place. People don't want to spend $18 to find a different spot and then another $18 when it doesn't work and they have to go back.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    While I don't speak for everyone, I won't feel the same way without Asura after Pandemonium (original) > Odin > Bahamut.

Bots are there to keep the AH stacked as much as possible for a large amount of players in need.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    While I don't speak for everyone, I won't feel the same way without Asura after Pandemonium (original) > Odin > Bahamut.

Bots are there to keep the AH stacked as much as possible for a large amount of players in need.
    Better player experiences also secure money. And player experiences are better when bots aren't keeping you from doing content. You ought to know this better than anyone.

Giving up a few dollars here and there to balance server populations will make everyone happier.

And you're also being hypocritical by arguing for bots "stocking the AH" while also going on a holy crusade against them with your STF report thread.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Hypocritical? My STF report thread? o.o

Go to my profile and you will see I only have one thread I created.

Giving up a few dollars here and there to balance server populations will make everyone happier.
    I don't think it will happen any time soon.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast