Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Best FFXI discussion websites

Other than the official forum, is there a place that gathers players from private servers as well, everyone in the same website? Thank you very much.
    (0)

Player
    Doesn't exist. You're 10 years too late.
    (0)

Player
    Private servers are software piracy, it's literally illegal.
    (2)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Private server players are pirates and not true fans interested in the longevity of this beautiful game, they should be deleted!
    (1)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lortheron View Post
    Other than the official forum, is there a place that gathers players from private servers as well, everyone in the same website? Thank you very much.
    Go find a Twitch streamer streaming private and ask them. People here play on the official servers, not the private knock-offs.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This thread seems bizzarely familiar.

Private servers are technically illegal though, and discussing it at length here is really not a good idea. there are other popular FFXI related websites that some people may discuss on but since this is about private servers, really can't post that here.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    This thread seems bizzarely familiar.

Private servers are technically illegal though, and discussing it at length here is really not a good idea. there are other popular FFXI related websites that some people may discuss on but since this is about private servers, really can't post that here.
    It's not about private servers. It is about a website where everyone whom likes FFXI can discuss together, since SE won't give what some players want they are left to play in private servers as the only option unfortunately. I personally really don't like the idea myself, but I understand and respect it, after all it's private server that keep many classic great MMOs alive years after their owning companies gave up on them (Star Wars Galaxies and Warhammer Online for example).

A neutral place where anyone whom likes Final Fantasy XI can talk about it, and not just people whom are currently playing the game, is what I'm asking about.

It seems FFXIAH is the only one place left from the classic websites...
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    Go find a Twitch streamer streaming private and ask them. People here play on the official servers, not the private knock-offs.
    That's not what I asked, I asked for a crowded place where anyone whom likes FFXI, and not just current registered players, can talk about it (including both whom play in retail servers and private ones, but also those whom are currently not playing the game right now but like it and want to discuss it). If such a thing exists.

Seems many streamers, including famous ones, are managing to bring lots of people into private servers. They would gladly be paying for and promoting the game for Square Enix too and bringing new players to the retail servers if Squere Enix would make classic servers in some form at all an official possibility. A lost opportunity, unfortunately. Many classic MMOs have official server with different rulesets, Everquest and Dark Age of Camelot are good examples, some servers have faster leveling, others have just some expansions but not all, etc..

I personally don't like the streaming culture but it is the best publicity any game can get now a days, really.
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I mentioned it as I don't know of any such resource. If someone did, it's going to be someone who plays on a private server. The most vocal ones probably have the highest likelihood of having your answer.
    I'm saying you're asking in the wrong location. And honestly the wrong people as those of us who frequent this site are probably less likely to visit the other site.
    (1)

Player
    The reason streamers play on private servers is because they can contact the owner and get people who annoy them removed, retail FFXI will never ban people for annoying a streamer.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast