Character
    Jez
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Goldsmith Escutcheon stage 3 Craftsmanship trigger filled by wrong recipe

Problem: I finally made it to stage 3, but the shield requirement is not always filled by the listed objective. Notably, the "Veteran" recipe has occasionally not been filled by veteran (expensive!) recipes but has instead been filled by the Adept level recipes. This has happened at any recipe level but does not occur always.

Operating System:
    Windows 10

ISP:
    Pogozone

Type of Internet Connection:
    Microwave

Internet Connection Speed:
    10Mbps

Date & Time:
    approx. 2:00 a.m. PDT, October 3, 2021

Frequency:
    Sometimes::
    The frequency seems to be intermittent and thus far has only affected "craft RANK recipes" objectives. Sometimes the trigger accepts the craft to fill the requirements (usually giving a base .20 for a NQ normal craft) other times despite the craft meeting the requirements ("...craft Veteran recipes" for instance) it only gives a .10 standard with usual decrease or .15 for a HQ. Using a different craft of the same level like the various elemental geodes will all create the same response until the objective changes again.

Character Name:
    Starblade

Race:
    Hume M

World:
    Carbuncle

Main Job:
    99DRK

Support Job:
    49WAR

Area and Coordinates:
    several areas where crafting including E. Adoulin, Bastok Markets, and Mog Garden, and Mog house in Bastok and Adoulin

Party or Solo:
    Solo

NPC Name:
    None

Monster Name:
    None

Steps:
    1.) Craft.
    2.) Cause a change in the Toreutic scutum craftsmanship objective.
    3.) try to fill that requirement (using elemental stones, geodes, ore, avatar stones, etc. -these tend to cause it the most probably because I use them the most but are definitely not limited to this)
    4.) Find an error in the requirements.

Further: The listed requirement seems to be of the rank below when it shows up. I'm still making progress and can push through the requirements if need be, but it has happened frequently enough tonight that it's becoming an annoyance.

P.S. I don't know if it's related but a .50 increase occurred on a "Wind crystal + Black rock" recipe. Knowing that's a top tier boost I expected a deathstone. I ended up with an onyx though. No big deal, just after the craftsmanship, but maybe it'll help to identify the issue. Same with a .40 boost on white rock: expected moonstone, but got a light opal.

EDIT: So I moved through stage 3 and now am working on stage 4 craftsmanship. I'd just like to add that the same thing is happening on the Stage 4. It's really hit or miss when "craft RANK/RANK" conditions come up or even single ranks. Still, getting stones from friends and making lots of copper ingots so I'm just going to keep pushing through.
    Additionally: the rank below theory didn't hold and at this point I've given up trying to find a pattern to help me along.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jez; 10-13-2021 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Additional information

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    interesting. i never bothered targeting anything aside from fire crystal or 4 ingredients w/ gold ore synths. I'd just cycle through the 7 cheap geodes endlessly unless fire came up.
    (1)

Character
    Jez
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I have a large supply of translucent rocks, geodes, and avatar stones (like shivite) to burn through so I am planning on just pushing past it. Copper, silver, mythril ingots etc.. are all alternatives. It's just a shame if you actually try to keep with the objectives that you can't. Honestly, getting a .50 boost to the shield with a wind crystal requirement and making a Kor-I-Noor was absolute perfection. *chef's kiss. Made the craftsmanship requirement fun instead of just a grind. Pushing through also risks adding that "synthesis success down" to it as well that I was trying to avoid. I know it's "manageable" but it seemed easy enough just to fill the objectives as often as I could.
    (0)