Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here with your monthly greetings from Vana’diel.

This past summer was a wet one with comparatively cool days-perfect for working, if I be honest—and now autumn vegetables are beginning to line the shelves. Each year seems to pass quicker than the last.

Let’s get right in to the October version update.

I’ll start off with Ambuscade. Intense has a return of the Ahriman (against the Hydra corps), with powerful weaponskills being the key to victory. Normal features the Halloween flavor you’ve come to expect, complete with pumpkin-headed shadows. This year features a hume backed up by a very vocal supporting casting. Don’t forget about the Trick or Treat mechanic regarding absorbing food buffs. Prepare those sweets!
I’ll also point out that if you’re attempting the battle with a tank alter ego, the mechanic will fire off properly as long as the person who summoned the alter ego has a food buff active.

Speaking of alter egos, we’ve also got a couple of adjustments to Valaineral. Adjustments to majesty mean that we wanted to differentiate a bit more between him and Trion, and we had enough leeway in the schedule to implements these changes in October.

We’re also taking a month off from The Voracious Resurgence, but that’s because the team is putting all their efforts into making November a banger. I won’t spoil the details, but I’m positive you’ll all enjoy seeing where the next tale will unfold!

Only a scant few months remain in 2021. We’re working hard to bring you all the content we promised at the beginning of the year, and I hope you enjoy what we’re got in store this autumn.

See you in Vana’diel!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-Progress TaskDetails
OctoberRecords of Eminence・Update monthly objectives-
Content and System-related
OctoberAmbuscade・Add new notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
-
OctoberAlter Ego・Adjust combat behavior for certain alter egos-
Item-related