Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Asura is closed?

I'm reading that new players can no longer create characters on Asura, is this correct and if so are we going to get an official statement?
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    This is true. I took a picture of her screen.

(1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Oh no o.o, cant you delete the banned characters?
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Oh no o.o, cant you delete the banned characters?
    Of course they could, but honestly, if they refuse to merge the servers, this is the next best thing that could happen.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The rare like from me.

This also has the side effect of stopping RMT/bots from creating more characters as well. Of course, there's still the ones roaming free from before, but it's a blow to the efficiency of those spark farming alliances.

It's finally come to a head people. Now you HAVE to make a character somewhere else. This is great news IMO, now other servers can get some fresh blood.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Yvone View Post
    Of course they could, but honestly, if they refuse to merge the servers, this is the next best thing that could happen.
    Why would someone who's on Asura want other servers merged? Just want everyone else pissed off out of spite?
    (0)
    It's your server.

Player
    Functionality. There are supposed to be 16 servers with roughly equal player counts. For queues and instances and blahblahblah. Not one giant mega dumpsterfire, 2 wishtheywere dumpsterfires, and 13 parkinglots.

It would just function better. Provided the caveat that they refuse to allow free transfers. That would be the more optimal option. it's wasteful to even leave 8 of the 16 servers open. There are good reasons to want to be on those 8 servers. But that's not the point.
    (4)
    Last edited by Yvone; 10-01-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Player
    Makes me wonder if maybe this is one of the reasons for never merging in the 1st place, and if they do now will other servers eventually face this same fate? Honestly it seems irresponsible for them to permaban people and not delete the character slot from the server along with the ban.
    (3)

Player
    I believe the reason they don't remove the banned persons name is because somnne could take that name and then get lots of abuse, of which they have no idea why.

They will do what they do on FFXIV, they just increase the database cap.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    I believe the reason they don't remove the banned persons name is because somnne could take that name and then get lots of abuse, of which they have no idea why.

They will do what they do on FFXIV, they just increase the database cap.
    They did that one time by making optimizations. It isn't a permanent fix either. The pandemic has been making it more difficult for them to add servers even though they want to, because it requires in-person visits to the data centers.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast