Character
    Silcrow
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Password reset wait times

So nearly a month ago I started this saga of trying to get my old account back. Took two weeks just to get an initial reply to my email. Already been through the process once so know it only takes a couple days usually, but with covid obviously tempered my expectations. However its been nearly a month. They referred my account for further verification which I submitted my drivers licence. This can't be normal surely the wait times I mean. Even with reduced staffing this is obscene.

Does anyone know who I email regarding this because the standard channels are just sending me around in circles
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alt0167 View Post
    So nearly a month ago I started this saga of trying to get my old account back. Took two weeks just to get an initial reply to my email. Already been through the process once so know it only takes a couple days usually, but with covid obviously tempered my expectations. However its been nearly a month. They referred my account for further verification which I submitted my drivers licence. This can't be normal surely the wait times I mean. Even with reduced staffing this is obscene.

Does anyone know who I email regarding this because the standard channels are just sending me around in circles
    First, it's not just you, the time to respond to GM calls is disgustingly bad right now, in both FFXI and FFXIV (which use the same staff).

Undoubtedly, they're having staffing issues, as GM support was almost certainly a minimum wage job, and now people don't want to do jobs that pay 2x that. Before the sudden surge in FFXIV's popularity, as an example, I might get a response to a GM call within an hour. But now, if they respond while I'm still online, it's a miracle, usually i don't get a response til the next day. So it's both staffing shortages combined with "HOLY SHIT ONE OF THESE GAMES IS POPULAR ALL OF A SUDDEN."

To be fair, it's not an excuse and well, they need to find a solution. That said: I would keep contacting them every few days. I actually did have to wait a month myself to get the lead GM's ear about a pervasive and ongoing harassment issue- and it does look like my calls got lost or something (I ended up asking one of the community team for help, which did work but ultimately, it's really not their job and neither I nor anyone else should have to go to that trouble in the first place).

Now I hate to ask, but most of us forgetful humans are not terribly security minded and tend to use the same or similar passwords in multiple places. I don't suppose you've been trying to brute force your own password?

Second, and i probably should have asked this first: Are you using the right kind of password? Years ago, SE implemented a central account system, the Square Enix Account Management system, with its own accounts and passwords. After they released this system, all playonline accounts had to be linked to one of these SQEX accounts in order to be played. Have you done this? And if you have, make sure that you're entering your square enix password, not the playonline password, when you log in.

In addition, in the playonline login screen, you need to enter and save your PlayOnline password. There's a guide for this but hopefully, you know what I'm talking about.

(You've PROBABLY done this, but i just wanted to make sure)
    (1)

Character
    Silcrow
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah 'veteran' here, It's not a me issue. I can't reset password until it's transferred to my enix account but I can't transfer without the password. Support are just copy pasting stuff related to passwords instead of reading and resolving my issue. No option but to wait for them to get their act together.
    (0)

Good morning fellow adventurer and thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums.

Unfortunately, the issue you are describing is something we are not able to assist with in the Technical Support Forums. In order to get further assistance with your concern, we advise to contact the European Support Center.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums!
    (1)

Amazing response.
    (1)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Thukoolo View Post
    Good morning fellow adventurer and thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums.

Unfortunately, the issue you are describing is something we are not able to assist with in the Technical Support Forums. In order to get further assistance with your concern, we advise to contact the European Support Center.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums!
    Just throwing this out there, but I think they've already done that.
    (1)