Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Servers

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Except that the resources needed are not zero. Again, ti would have to be redeveloped from scratch. As they said, they could just remove the 80+ limit breaks on a special server but that's the only way they could do it easily.
    The servers themselves cost money to run and maintain the same as any other server.

And as the y said, they have a policy against just tossing something out there and going "here, have fun." And doing so will not bring back the community aspect by which your own admission was the whole thing that made it fun.
    We had fun back then because of the chats and the social interaction we had while engaging in an otherwise really boring grind. The community is what made the game, not the level cap.
    Or they could limit truste use and encourage partying more. With hundreds of new players coming everyday, wouldn't it be nice if everyone grouped up in low and mid level together in a whole new server?
    We live in an are where huge companies are actually hiring modders (and along with them comes all their assets). Even CDPR is doing it for CP2077.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Or they could limit truste use and encourage partying more.
    You can already do this voluntairly, there is no need for a special server for that.

If your response is "i cant find people to do that with," well, that should tell you how many people really care about this. No current player wants to do it, they would rather keep looking forward.

The people who DO care about this have already taken it into their own hands. If you want it that badly, then you'll have to go that route. There is no chance whatsoever of it happening via official channels.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You can already do this voluntairly, there is no need for a special server for that.

If your response is "i cant find people to do that with," well, that should tell you how many people really care about this. No current player wants to do it, they would rather keep looking forward.

The people who DO care about this have already taken it into their own hands. If you want it that badly, then you'll have to go that route. There is no chance whatsoever of it happening via official channels.
    Wouldn't it be nice to bring people whom do care back? Including those whom don't want to play on private servers?
    (0)

Character
    Mcdavid
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lortheron View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice to bring people whom do care back? Including those whom don't want to play on private servers?
    It's never going to happen. It wouldn't be worth the time for SE to create a 75 era server just for the small amount of people that would play on it(of which I would be one). Eden does a good job with their server.
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    These people with horrible opinions come crawling back constantly like roaches. This idea is horrid, get rid of your nostalgia goggles. The 75 era was special because most of us were young, forced to group up and spend hours and hours with people because we all had more free time. Now days, that would not fly, especially not with any new player looking for an MMO. They would avoid it like the plague (which they do the current version, so imagine how slow they would think a 75 cap XI would be.) There isn't enough of you guys to support the servers being open, most of those trash private servers are with a lot of people because they are FREE, add a sub cost and you would see people drop like flies. It makes me roll my eyes anytime this discussion comes up, they clamor for that sweet 75 cap era (even tho theres tons of different time periods) and claim the current game is too easy, yet I barely ever see people stick around past Qufim Island and almost every party has a power leveler. So contradictory when they disparage abyssea for ruining the game and making it EZ Mode, yet they have 2 power levelers in every party to bring people to 75 lol. The current game still has teaming up and working towards goals, it has everything the 75 cap had but with modern touches. I think its perfect, the only thing missing is a company behind it supporting it instead of XIV. It needs more content and love.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
    It's never going to happen. It wouldn't be worth the time for SE to create a 75 era server just for the small amount of people that would play on it(of which I would be one). Eden does a good job with their server.
    Because the most serious of the old school community have their own solution, frankly I think that's for the best. For anyone not that serious, the game's mechanics provide a way to relive old content, and for the rest of us, well I'm just happy the game is still getting updates.
    (0)

Player
    As it is now, I believe even FFXIV takes more time to max out to the level cap, which is sad. There are even many speedruns of FFXI now a days and it takes less time to finish the game main campaign and cap the level of a job with trustes than many solo Final Fantasies... a few hours only.
    You don't really seem to understand how FFXI works.

A speed leveling video takes advantage of many things that are not available to new players.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The level cap itself is the least of it really. And if fans made private servers which are stable and run everything well, so can they, having backups or not (just an excuse).
    There's a problem. We don't know how to pull players out of private servers. We, however, can invite XIV players to try XI if old school players learn how to stop hating.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    You can start a new LS, and invite only members who want to play at level 75 cap.

Then all LS members start a new level 1 mule character. Avoid all Raptures missions / quests to avoid xp bonuses.

Don't use XP-boosting rings. Don't do RoE assignments, to avoid xp rewards. Don't complete "mounts" quest, use chocobos instead. Don't use home-point warps or survival-guide warps.

Level to 75 in all your favourite classic camps, and help each-other with limit-breaks and Artifact quests, and ROTZ / COP / TOAU / WOTG missions.

At level 75, stop doing limit-breaks, lol. Now you can start doing Merit Point parties and other level 75 content, almost like in the old days.

I made a lot of friends while levelling up in the old game. Resting MP, resting weakened, gave us time to chat and joke and make friends. We got to know who was a skilled WHM, THF, NIN, etc. People were recognised for their gaming skills, not just their gear.

I really loved the old levelling-up, xp parties, making new friends, seeing what amazing things people could do with their main jobs, even though they had NQ lol-gear.

However, that was in the pre Big Social Media / Netflix era. We didn't mind xp-ing on beetles for hours in Altepa desert, because getting level 75 was the biggest online thrill.

Basically, if you can't find a dozen friends to join a special level 75 cap LS in 2021 on your current server, and play a more old-school style FFXI, that doesn't offer much incentive for the creation of a whole new pure level 75 classic server.
    (2)
    Last edited by Stompa; 09-30-2021 at 07:13 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    If they did just a classic set of dynamis zones, the game would effectively have everything it did in the old days still. (minus bugs and adjusted camps for lv.90~ mobs)
    Those have been removed?
    (0)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast