Character
    Snoringwife
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Issues with final Abyssea quest

I killed all 9 Abyssea bosses during a clear a few weeks ago. In each case, I got the cutscene, killed the boss, then returned to zone out for the clear.

For some reason, the Abyssea-Grauberg quest (An Ulcerous Uragnite) will not trigger. When I zoned in, I got the cutscene, then killed the boss. I returned to zone out, but it will not give me the clear. Additionally, my quest log does not show 'An Ulcerous Uragnite' as an active quest (it isn't in any quest log, completed or active), only Death & Rebirth, Scars of Abyssea, and Heroes of Abyssea. I've tried zoning in and out again, but no cutscene triggers and no update occurs to my quest log. The other 8 clears are shown as completed.

I also can't teleport to Abyssea-Grauberg, it isn't in the menu list when I talk to Horst.

I've spoken to Joachim multiple times, been to Hall of the Gods and La Theine to make sure I didn't miss something there, but nothing happens.

What am I missing here? Is there something else I need to do to trigger this or is it bugged?
    (0)
    Last edited by Shinook; 09-04-2021 at 05:35 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    The first thing I think of from what I see, is to make sure you have at least one traverser stone with you when entering the area. This should not be the problem since you mentioned that you did get the cutscene previously, but while I can't think of anything else, I'll mention it just to make sure, especially since you don't see the quest listed (it's not in completed ones either, right?).
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Snoringwife
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    The first thing I think of from what I see, is to make sure you have at least one traverser stone with you when entering the area. This should not be the problem since you mentioned that you did get the cutscene previously, but while I can't think of anything else, I'll mention it just to make sure, especially since you don't see the quest listed (it's not in completed ones either, right?).
    Ya, I have stones on me. The quest isn't listed anywhere, completed or active
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I was able to test this out a bit on one of my characters, and I did manage to get the cutscene and the quest active, so it's not completely broken. There is something that seemed a bit confusing though.

First I went there with no traverser stones with me, and I was still able to enter and get visitant status by expending traverser stones at the Conflux Surveyor. I did not have any with me though, and checking with one of the NPCs that holds them, the number did not go down there at all. Only after actually receiving the key item stones and going back did I get the cutscene.

Maybe it had something to do with the initial stone Joachim gave me, or maybe it was part of an update that I can't find right now, or maybe there is something going wrong here. I do remember having noticed this a while back, and meant to look into it deeper.

In any case, it probably isn't, but I'm hoping this is what made it seem like you have stones with you, while in fact you have none under Key Items / Abyssea.

If there are stones there, I'd probably go for filing a bug report next (at least I can't think of anything else at this time).

Good luck!
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 09-09-2021 at 12:19 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Snoringwife
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    That resolved my issue! Thank you so much!

I didn't realize you had to have a Traverser Stone KI from Joachim, but reading the description again, it says you do. I just assumed being able to pull it down to extend time was enough, but I guess not.
    (1)