Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here with some information about the next version update.

The weather here in Tokyo has been a bit touch-and-go, with blistering heat followed by cool, rainy days. Of course, rain is important for a variety of reasons, but when the weather continues to be poor, I can’t help but get a case of the doldrums.
Some people across Japan other parts of the world are dealing with the aftermaths of record flooding, and I hope that you and yours are safe and healthy.

Let’s get down to a quick overview of September.

First off, let’s touch on The Voracious Resurgence. I asked the planners in charge to say a few words, and the response I got was “Apkallu.” What exactly they meant by that is a mystery, so I guess you’ll just have to wait and see.

This will also wrap up the Aht Urhgan chapter of our story. When I think of Aht Urhgan, I think of puppetmasters and corsairs, so we’ll see if anyone related to these two classes pops up. Make sure not to miss the latest installment when it goes live!

Next up is Amubscade. Intense Ambuscades feature a rerun of the Poroggo event, while normal has a battle against a cockatrice. Usually, one associates petrifying attacks with these foul fowl, but this time we emphasized Contagion instead. The more effects it absorbs, the easier it is to damage your foe, but certain effects may cause it to power up in unexpected ways. How you manage this effect is the key to emerging victorious.

And now a couple of out-of-game announcements. I’m sure many of you have visited the WE ARE VANA’DIEL website, which recently wrapped up an interview series with Yosuke Saito, the first producer of Dragon Quest X Online (DQ X) and an avid FFXI player. I share his belief that that enjoying what you are working on is a huge element for making a successful game. If you haven’t had a chance to look at the interview, now’s the perfect time to do so.

The next interview in this series, coming this September, is with Yutaka Kawamata, the current producer of Nobunaga’s Ambition Online. Although unrelated to the topic, I was surprised to learn that he and I graduated from the same high school. And we touched a little bit upon that in our discussions. (As an aside, the interview started off a bit formal before we got into that topic, at which point all bets were off!) I hope you’re looking forward to it when it gets posted in the days to come.

The September version update is almost upon us, and I look forward to seeing all of you in Vana’diel!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-Progress TaskDetails
SeptemberRecords of Eminence・Update monthly objectives
・Add new objectives
-
SeptemberThe Voracious Resurgence・Add new quests-
Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-Progress TaskDetails
SeptemberAmbuscade・Add new notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
-
SeptemberTitles・Add new titles-