Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

We are Vanadiel: No mention of Beastmaster?

Hi SE,
    We are Vanadiel has no mention Beastmaster changes from 2004-2005, like:

1.) Spinning Axe reduced from AOE to Single Target
    2.) MPK nerf: charmed monsters no longer return to spawn location
    3.) (2015) Ready distance changes and support for BST as a front-line DD

Thanks
    (2)

Character
    Avereith
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I think my point still stands...
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm not sure why they'd highlight the minutiae of a version update, including very specific changes to a single job, on that site like that. Particularly less popular ones. I don't think that was really the intention of the site.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm not sure why they'd highlight the minutiae of a version update, including very specific changes to a single job, on that site like that. Particularly less popular ones. I don't think that was really the intention of the site.
    They mention Call Wyvern changes for DRG among other things. Take some time to read it. It's actually very interesting.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    They mention Call Wyvern changes for DRG among other things. Take some time to read it. It's actually very interesting.
    I did read it. But they didn't say very much about negative stuff, for obvious reasons. I suppose the BST can't train the whole crawlers nest thing is legitimately noteworthy and non-negative, but not t he other two.

Also revising an SP move like that is quite a bit more noteworthy than changing a weapon skill (that's not even BST specific). But that's just my opinion.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    You're entitled to your opinion, but the BST pre-MPK patch is worth noting, especially if DRG 2-hour changes is mentioned.
    (0)

Player
    Bst was my first job to 75 16+ years ago, all jug pets used to be near worthless.

If you called a jug pet and put it on an Even match monster it would be dead in 2-3 hits, they had awful accuracy too. Getting to 75 on bst was a huge accomplishment cause nobody would invite you so it was like 99% solo.

My main job in my first endgame shell was charming adds, I had no other use beside that since our accuracy was laughable and jug pets were useless. I remember controlling adds on Tiamat runs, charming and releasing mpk attempts on fafnir, killing and charming adds in optical hat runs etc.

It's crazy how many buffs bst has had over the years, it's near unrecognizable from what it was and barely anyone played it at the time because of it.
    (1)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Bst was my first job to 75 16+ years ago, all jug pets used to be near worthless.

If you called a jug pet and put it on an Even match monster it would be dead in 2-3 hits, they had awful accuracy too. Getting to 75 on bst was a huge accomplishment cause nobody would invite you so it was like 99% solo.

My main job in my first endgame shell was charming adds, I had no other use beside that since our accuracy was laughable and jug pets were useless. I remember controlling adds on Tiamat runs, charming and releasing mpk attempts on fafnir, killing and charming adds in optical hat runs etc.

It's crazy how many buffs bst has had over the years, it's near unrecognizable from what it was and barely anyone played it at the time because of it.
    I wish they improved our skill at utilizing charmed pets. The job is unrecognizable from what it was. Jug pets were nice in a pinch or for certain BCNM fights, but what made us different from SMN & PUP was that our pet was already in the field to begin with. Probably around half the things in Odyssey can be charmed, but no one does because we can't control their ability usage, ready delay is higher than sic delay, and Jug Pets work just fine now.
    I managed to get into parties on BST until probably around Lv.30, then solo/duo'd the rest of the way to 75. It wasn't my first 75, so in endgame I was always told, lolno change to rdm or smn.
    (2)