Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player
    Hard to justify trying to help you at this point. We have nothing but assumptions to go off of to try and either explain how things work or try to help you fill out the bug report properly. You aren't being trolled. You are being questioned for the information you are not providing that would allow you to be helped.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Princessjim View Post
    where are all the GMs, instead of the trolls, or are the GM's Trolls for SE, because i feel a lawsuit coming on
    Okay, who's trolling now? Lawsuits? lol, you have nothing to sue them for.

We've been legitimately trying to offer you help but you have not provided specifics.

GMs do not provide gameplay assistance. That is not their job. The GM staff has two roles: In-game technical support and handling player reports/disputes to investigate terms-of-service violations.

Ultimately, as far as we can tell by the information you've provided, you're misunderstanding gameplay mechanics, which is something GMs can not help with. You are not experiencing bugs, as what you have described to us so far has sounded well within the realm of normal.

If you somehow think you have an actual bug, in order for it to be investigated, you must follow the template provided in the sticky thread in this forum section. Those are the rules. Use the template and fill it out completely. If you don't do that, nothing will come of it. You can post and call us trolls til the cows come home, nothing will happen until you either file a support ticket or fill out the bug report form correctly.

This is the honest truth, and telling the honest truth is not trolling.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    my skill from wepons isnt being calculated
    Skill from weapons, as was said before, is not shown in the skills window. it is also not factored in the same way as your natural skill level is.
    Target yourself and use the /checkparam command. This will tell you your actual accuracy (calculated from your weapon skill level plus all modifiers), evasion, etc. Hopefully this will give you some more insight into why you're having trouble.

This is the last thing I will say to help you. Do with it what you will.
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    If /checkparam worked for you without a <me>, it was because of a third party program.
    Not true, if you're targeting yourself when you /checkparam even w/o the <me> it will work. I left it in assuming the chance he doesn't have himself targeted was >0%.
    (1)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    If you somehow think you have an actual bug, in order for it to be investigated, you must follow the template provided in the sticky thread in this forum section. Those are the rules. Use the template and fill it out completely. If you don't do that, nothing will come of it. You can post and call us trolls til the cows come home, nothing will happen until you either file a support ticket or fill out the bug report form correctly.

This is the honest truth, and telling the honest truth is not trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOC_JP View Post
    Example:
    Thread Title: While under the effect of Slow , Backhand Blow will not initiate

Platform: Windows 7
    ISP: Optimum Online
    Type of Internet Connection: CATV
    Internet Connection Speed: 15Mbps
    Date & Time: Feb. 6, 2011 21:42 EST
    Frequency: Once (did not reproduce)
    Character Name: Ffximike
    Race: ElvaanM
    World: Alexander
    Main Job: Monk, Lv.80
    Support Job: Ninja
    Area and Coordinates: Pashhow Marshlands [S], J-9
    Party or Solo: Party with 4 members
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: Croque-mitaine
    Steps:
    1. We were camping in Pashhow Marshlands [S], waiting for the NM Croque-mitaine to spawn. At around 20:30 EST, it spawned.
    2. About 8 minutes into the battle, the NM used the weapon skill “Blow” and my character received the effect of Slow.
    3. About a minute later, the TP gauge of my character became 100% and I attempted to initiate “Backhand Blow” by using the macro(/ws < Backhand Blow > < t >).
    4. However, the effect of Backhand Blow didn’t appear and wasn’t displayed in the log and the TP gauge remained the same.
    5. Attempted to initiate Backhand Blow again by selecting it manually from the battle menu but the result was still the same.
    6. We finished off the NM with Garuda’s “Predator Claws” that our Summoner has summoned.
    7. I fought the same NM at around 19:20 EST on Feb. 1st, 2011 but at that time, I was able to initiate “Backhand Blow” even when “Slow” was in effect.

*Please note that this is an EXAMPLE only and is not an actual bug report.
    this is how you have to write each bug report for SE to look at it. If we weren't responding, this thread would likely have either been moved to /insufficient information/ or /not a bug/.
    (0)

Character
    Princessjim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    when calling SE corporaation in California, they said the GMS read the posts here and fix bugs. thats why i posted here. I know my account is not working properly and that things arent being added up correctly, your not offering any valuable service. It makes no differerence if i say my Nibiru Cugel is eqipped and go through every specific item i have on. The "mechanics for my character are not being calculated correctly and its obvious, i have 700 something accuracy when i should have 1300 or so, my weaapons arent being calculated, and your liars saying the skill isnt put into the menu box under skills, it has before, and how else would you account for it, lots of contradictory things you say. My gear really cant be much better. And at this point it shouldnt need to be or will be cause nothing can be achieved.
    Im not trolling but when your paying for a service for something it should work properly and get adressed in a timely manner. You shouldnt be inconvienced and blown off to such great extent as i have been being treated. That is against the law, they are not fullfilling there side of our agreement " contract". and i dont know what to say about it.
    (0)

Character
    Princessjim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    And i have ingame tetimony from people saying "there" skill shows up in the box. i wonder if you work for SE, Because as i suspect theres a consiparcy issue going on with Jay Brannan the fake owner of the company.
    (0)

Player
    Just a word of advice, be less vague in the future when describing issues to get help. You cannot be helped because you have given no actionable info. You have been told SE doesn't respond unless you use their template a total of 3 times.
    (4)

And i have ingame tetimony from people saying "there" skill shows up in the box.
    The other people are either mistaken or lying. If you read the link to an actual developer's post that I posted earlier, it explains that this doesn't actually happen. Since you may have missed it, I'll quote myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    None of the things you listed are weapons that increase their combat skill. Skill on weapon uniquely doesn't show in the skills menu because it only applies to that weapon specifically. This is to prevent equipping two of the same weapon type for double the increase. You can verify that this is intentional by reading the post in this link, near the bottom, in red.
    Edit:
    when calling SE corporaation in California, they said the GMS read the posts here and fix bugs. thats why i posted here.
    Maybe, since they haven't replied, that means there aren't any actual bugs.
    (4)
    Last edited by Catmato; 09-11-2021 at 03:45 AM.
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    when calling SE corporaation in California, they said the GMS read the posts here and fix bugs. thats why i posted here. I know my account is not working properly and that things arent being added up correctly, your not offering any valuable service. It makes no differerence if i say my Nibiru Cugel is eqipped and go through every specific item i have on. The "mechanics for my character are not being calculated correctly and its obvious, i have 700 something accuracy when i should have 1300 or so, my weaapons arent being calculated, and your liars saying the skill isnt put into the menu box under skills, it has before, and how else would you account for it, lots of contradictory things you say. My gear really cant be much better. And at this point it shouldnt need to be or will be cause nothing can be achieved.
    Im not trolling but when your paying for a service for something it should work properly and get adressed in a timely manner. You shouldnt be inconvienced and blown off to such great extent as i have been being treated. That is against the law, they are not fullfilling there side of our agreement " contract". and i dont know what to say about it.
    GMs don't fix bugs. GMs are customer support personnel, not engineers.

There is no contract. You have no grounds for a lawsuit. There isn't even any malfunction here, this is you misunderstanding how the game works. It's that simple.

Also, you can't just sue a company over any bug in a software program. Programs are created by human beings and there is no guarantee of them being perfect because humans are imperfect. If you could sue a software company over every little bug you could find, the courts would be completely inundated with frivolous lawsuits. There is nothing in the user agreement or terms of service, which are the "contracts" you agree to by installing the software, that guarantees that their software will be bug free and that they will have a solution for every problem you might have.

You are trolling, you know you have no case, as there is no guarantee of the game being bug free. The only person mistreating anyone around here is you. You have ignored legitimate efforts to help you by the people who frequent these forums, dismissing them as trolls, which is insulting to us who genuinely want you to have an enjoyable game experience. Further, your lack of correct grammar and borderline non-sensical sentences lead me to question whether you're telling the truth about anything you've asserted.

What kind of Karen does someone have to be to get this outraged over a perceived bug in a computer program?
    (4)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-11-2021 at 05:51 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast