Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Siegmont
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 90

Rune Fencer Equipment Request

So my twin brother and I have made a point of once a month role play our characters in the game. He wanted to play a Rune Fencer with a Sword and Shield style. So obviously he levelled up his Paladin to really get the most out of the skill levels before actually playing his Rune Fencer.

Here is the problem. Rune Fencer can get 6 shields max in the game not including all the level 1 cosmetic shields from events. I want to see every shield that has just "WAR/PLD/DRK" add RUN please. The reason for allowing players to use different weapons is to experiment. So at least consider what I am asking.

It really makes sense to do it.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    RNF is designed around the greatsword as its main weapon, it really doesn't get nearly as much out of S&S as PLD other jobs do.

In the spirit of offering more options, I'm not against this, but really the only reason they have any other weapons is for more options in the case of a particular weapon skill being needed for procs etc. and not as a viable main weapon option.
    (0)

Character
    Siegmont
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 90
    Thanks for the obvious statement and opinion. The point I am maintaining is that even if you allow a job to use other optional weapons or armour. and at least give them more choices in said weapon and armour than 4.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimoore View Post
    Thanks for the obvious statement and opinion. The point I am maintaining is that even if you allow a job to use other optional weapons or armour. and at least give them more choices in said weapon and armour than 4.
    I think the limited available gear options was deliberately meant to reinforce that "this isn't really a sword and shield job."
    (0)

Character
    Siegmont
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 90
    wrong, The skill ratings are the factor. The whole point was to allow players to play their own way.
    (0)

Player
    RUN has no native skill in shield, hence the lack of shield options. If you want to sword and board tank then war or pld are your choices. Each job has things that it does that sets it apart from other jobs with the same role. RUN is set apart via using Gsword and parry instead of sword and shield. Lockstyle a shield into sub slot and wear whatever shield you want for your RP. RUN simply is not going to be very good at what you want.

Just because you think it should happen doesn't mean it makes sense from a lore or balance perspective.
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    He just wants a blurred shield +1 for his savage blade kit
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimoore View Post
    wrong, The skill ratings are the factor. The whole point was to allow players to play their own way.
    You're welcome to your opinion.

They are both factors. RNF doesn't have any passives or abilities that facilitate blocking, their best defensive skill is parry and they have passives which facilitate that. Thus, many things go into this.

It's quite different from some other jobs such as summoner, which use a weapon type generally regarded as weak, but this can be played upon and exploited by setting up skill chains and magic bursts with your own avatar, so even though it's not a primary function of the job, it can be circumstantially useful.

Likewise, the alternate weapon skills granted to RNF do have some use particularly for proccing in contents which have that mechanic, and skillchaining in easier content, but the same can't really be said for the shield slot-. It's pretty much there just to let you fill that equipment slot as there are no shield weapon skills- You can get shield bash with PLD sub, but it won't stun anything of consequence. So while secondary weapon skill levels can enable alternate playstyles in many cases, equipping a shield doesn't really enable anything. Also, as noted, RUN has no native shield skill whatsoever, so without a subjob that has any shield skill, it really is just about filling that equipment slot.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-30-2021 at 05:02 PM.

Character
    Siegmont
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharly View Post
    RUN simply is not going to be very good at what you want.

Just because you think it should happen doesn't mean it makes sense from a lore or balance perspective.
    Here is a thought for you. Say they see this and decide to give the RUN a shield skill at a "E" rating. As well allowed them to use a few more shields. What does this change for Balance and Lore? Nothing that is what.
    (0)

Player
    In that case why dont they just add every skill to every job and make all gear all jobs equippable?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast