Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Pmsjordan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 17

Returning after 16 years. Question about what's going on?

Hello everyone,

After 16 years the itch to play this game again came over me HARD. I just bought the game on Steam, brought 3 of my friends with me and rolled a new toon since I can’t remember any of my old information. I’m really enjoying being back in this world. Its like seeing a friend you used to be extremely close with but haven’t seen in a long time.

However, one thing seems very off to me and my memories of the game. My chat box is being spammed non-stop by RMT and boosting services ads. My friends and I rolled our toons on Asura, since I heard it was the popular English speaking sever. (I didn’t want to relive JP Only when looking for parties) My question is this RMT spam just an Asura issue? Or is it a problem across all the severs? It’s really bugging me and I feel like I will run out room in my blacklist soon from the insane amounts messages.
    (2)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Take /yell off the chat log. Almost nobody ever read it anymore since we have linkshells/discord to replace it.

Only an issue people have had is trying to find random players (in the game) to start a party.
    (1)

Character
    Pmsjordan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Take /yell off the chat log. Almost nobody ever read it anymore since we have linkshells/discord to replace it.

Only an issue people have had is trying to find random players (in the game) to start a party.
    Thank you for the advice. I totally forget I could even do that. I will turn it off next time. Thanks again!
    (0)

Player
    There is nothing wrong with Asura, people want to buy from mercs because they are all mostly solo players.

Just turn off yell and go about your business if it bothers you. Also, you know trusts exist right? Nobody groups for xp groups now.
    (1)

Character
    Pmsjordan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    There is nothing wrong with Asura, people want to buy from mercs because they are all mostly solo players.

Just turn off yell and go about your business if it bothers you. Also, you know trusts exist right? Nobody groups for xp groups now.
    People don't group up anymore? That's slightly depressing. Can I use a combination of the Trust System with my friends? Or is it one or the other?
    (0)

You can use any combination of 1-5 other real people or trusts. You need to progress in the Rhapsodies of Vanadiel storyline to summon more than three trusts.

Edit: Also, people do still group up for fun, even though it's sub-optimal. There are NPCs called Linkshell Concierge who can give you linkpearls. There are multiple NPCs in each city and they don't necessarily have the same linkshells so check them all and find one you like.

Edit 2: spelling
    (2)
    Last edited by Catmato; 08-24-2021 at 08:28 AM.
    It's your server.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    We (linkshell) often group up for the endgame content (Dynamis, Omen, Vagary, Odyssey, etc) like every day of a week. Really hardcore right? ^^;

I recommend start doing RoV missions for more exp boost since everyone can level from 1 to 99 in few hours. Yes, only a leader of party can use trusts with buddies.
    (1)

8. 08-24-2021 08:27 AM

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by PMS_Jordan View Post
    Oh so it is a Asura thing. Could you please recommend me 2 or 3 other possible sever options? Also, if you know any pros or cons of them could you please let me know? I would really appreciate it.
    It's much less prevalent on Bahamut or Odin, the next two largest servers.
    (1)

Character
    Pmsjordan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfchakan View Post
    It's much less prevalent on Bahamut or Odin, the next two largest servers.
    I kinda regret not coming to the forms first. But I think I'll stay where I am now since even more of my friends just joined. I don't want to ask 7 people to re roll or pay to transfer right away. However, later down the line if it because unbearable I will keep those severs you suggested in mind. So thank you again.
    (0)

Player
    They'll all quit in a week anyway. Do what makes sense.
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast