Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    I mean, what does it matter? Once a server is dead, always dead. People will quit to play FF14. People will play on a private server because they want a 75 cap server that works better for FFXI.
    Except they're not. I'm on a "dead" server and I still see people on it I played with years ago. More of the people I can speak to are willing to help out with stuff because they know everyone needs help and smaller communites in fact do tend to help each other more.

And private 75 servers don't "work better." they have more issues than the live game because it's all reverse engineered. Aside from the fact t hat those servers will go stale after years of only having the same content. It's also technically illegal. And further unnecessary because you can VERY easily restrict yourself to level 75 on any live server and enjoy the modern improvements while wallowing in your rose colored glasses that show all 75 content as being better than everything that came after. We really do not need special 75 servers.
    (3)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharly View Post
    Dead servers aren't. They just don't have the huge presence of an overpopulated world. Gameplay goes from PUG to doing things in LS and continues on. The main reason people quit is because there is not enough new content. And 75 cap servers... I think the no sub cost is a portion of that too.
    Not only because there is not enough new content. Okay, that guy, he quit after he finally did his final limit break quest and some the story. He almost doesn't have any experience. He was on Ragnarok. He showed me clearly how lonely he is. I shooed him away. He has to make new friends on FF14.

It seems Alhanelem is the only person here who is trying to welcome anyone to his server. I honestly think weird you only tell people to go to any small server they have no idea which. They are looking for "friends."
    (1)

Player
    Not only because there is not enough new content. Okay, that guy, he quit after he finally did his final limit break quest and some the story. He almost doesn't have any experience. He was on Ragnarok. He showed me clearly how lonely he is. I shooed him away. He has to make new friends on FF14.

It seems Alhanelem is the only person here who is trying to welcome anyone to his server. I honestly think weird you only tell people to go to any small server they have no idea which. They are looking for "friends."
    One person does not everyone make. I am providing a counterpoint to you and others views that dealing with #asuranproblems is the only way to enjoy the game. You enjoy and make a different choice on what is important than I and other small server players. That is fine and I support that. "Dead" servers simply aren't and provide a different culture for people to play in, which plenty of people adapt to and enjoy despite its downsides. I am telling nobody which server to go to, just saying they're not as dead as Asura denizens make them to be.

If he has to make new friends in 14, then why couldn't he do it in 11? Why didn't you just tell him to come to asura and not be lonely since it would be hard to not be lonely on an overcrowded server if number of players is the only metric needed?
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

I mean, there are people there. You just have to speak to them. I guess they're expecting to just run into people walking around and say "wanna be friends in /say", it just doesn't work that way though. Not even on bigger servers. It hasn't worked that way in a long time.

There are linkshells on the concierges that are looking for members at all times, even on servers like mine.

I mean there are hundreds of actual people even on those "dead" servers, if you know how to engage people, you will find friends. They can't just expect the friends to come to them.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharly View Post
    If he has to make new friends in 14, then why couldn't he do it in 11? Why didn't you just tell him to come to asura and not be lonely since it would be hard to not be lonely on an overcrowded server if number of players is the only metric needed?
    I did. He made another character on Asura and I gave him gil to start. He was still doing his main character on the other server. He just still has a lot of stuff to catch up. He's still new to both 11 and 14. Once he makes it we invite him to do content. This time, we focus on 14.

My friendship is maybe a different cultural thing because, you know, sign language.

Like someone said, do what makes sense.
    (1)

Player
    I mean, what does it matter? Once a server is dead, always dead. People will quit to play FF14. People will play on a private server because they want a 75 cap server that works better for FFXI.
    People who play on quiet servers like it that way, they only play with their friends and see otehrs are annoyances when they want to do content.

FFXI has limited access to everything, this is the negative of high population.
    (3)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    People who play on quiet servers like it that way, they only play with their friends and see otehrs are annoyances when they want to do content.

FFXI has limited access to everything, this is the negative of high population.
    There is a difference between good social skills and mental health issues. I have seen a lot of people moved to Asura feeling nervous.

Anyways, as long as Asura is getting an unique update like Ambuscade increased one more instanced room and the /assist channel, nobody should complain or be jealous.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There is a difference between good social skills and mental health issues. I have seen a lot of people moved to Asura feeling nervous.

Anyways, as long as Asura is getting an unique update like Ambuscade increased one more instanced room and the /assist channel, nobody should complain or be jealous.
    It's just if the populations were more balanced, they wouldn't have needed to engineer a solution like that which other servers didn't really need.
    (2)

Player
    Quite honestly, I'm willing to sacrifice Asura so the rest of the servers don't have to be the same way.
    (4)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's just if the populations were more balanced, they wouldn't have needed to engineer a solution like that which other servers didn't really need.
    Something like that. You can always say it just you can't stop SE from cherry picking. Whenever after Asurans have discussed an issue (/yell spams), we request SE to fix. It's that simple.
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast