Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PMS_Jordan View Post
    My friends and I rolled our toons on Asura,

This was your mistake.

Do not play on Asura. Yes, it is the most populous, but in a bad way- it's overpopulated and the RMT situation is so out of control on that server as a result it isn't even funny. Okay, it kind of is, but for all the wrong reasons.

I know you don't want to, but ask your friends to move. You'll make another server very much happy with the extra people. Since you're not too far in you can just start over.

Would be happy to help you get around on Shiva <3

Seriously, we as a community need to stop telling people to join Asura.

(toon, eeek)
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-25-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Seriously, we as a community need to stop telling people to join Asura.
    We didn't. One problem right there, you have to have your character created in order to post here. I thought would be very rude not to welcome them to our server.

Maybe, SE need to offer them a free one-time world transfer ticket if that's your concern.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    We didn't. One problem right there, you have to have your character created in order to post here. I thought would be very rude not to welcome them to our server.

Maybe, SE need to offer them a free one-time world transfer ticket if that's your concern.

I mean, if I were SE, that's what I'd do.... but I'm not SE.

And when I say we as a community, I don't mean anyone here specifically. But all these new players keep hearing from SOMEWHERE that Asura is the place to be.

Frankly, I think Asura ought to be split in two. That would actually solve a lot of problems and bring the population of both similar to the other more populated servers.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Based on this thread, I have a feeling... People might don't want to go to a small server. I am not trying to say out loud, just think about it. How lonely you are and how narrow-minded you are. They moved to Asura to escape the reputation. Odin or Bahamut could be a better option if they want to be in a mix of the Japanese and English population they probably won't play together due to the language barrier.

You are right, we need a second Asura.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    People might don't want to go to a small server.
    People are under a misguided perception that online user count will directly correlate to how good their experience will be, when that is, particularly in this game, very likely not the case. We need to make an effort to change that perception. Asura may have the highest user count, but a huge chunk of t hat population is RMT botters. While other servers might have a lower user count, a higher percentage of those users are active players. And being on a smaller server doesn't mean not being able to get things done. The communities tend to be closer-knit.
    (2)

Player
    Smaller servers also have the added bonus of being able to do 95% of all content whenever you want without having to get in line or deal with competition.
    (4)

Character
    Pmsjordan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    And when I say we as a community, I don't mean anyone here specifically. But all these new players keep hearing from SOMEWHERE that Asura is the place to be.
    I heard about Asura and was told to go there from people on Twitter.
    (0)

Player
    Facebook, Reddit and Twitter will tell English players to go there. The same social media accounts will get offended if you even mention the RMT and other issues there, insisting people use third-party addons simply to try to hold back the endless waves of advertisements for RMT and mercenary groups. "It's no so bad, just install this and use this filter and then it's great!" Meanwhile, most other servers have a person or two to blist and you're done.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I mean, what does it matter? Once a server is dead, always dead. People will quit to play FF14. People will play on a private server because they want a 75 cap server that works better for FFXI.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    I mean, what does it matter? Once a server is dead, always dead. People will quit to play FF14. People will play on a private server because they want a 75 cap server that works better for FFXI.
    Dead servers aren't. They just don't have the huge presence of an overpopulated world. Gameplay goes from PUG to doing things in LS and continues on. The main reason people quit is because there is not enough new content. And 75 cap servers... I think the no sub cost is a portion of that too.
    (2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast