Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can't Complete Any RoV Quests/Missions

Update: I didn't realise that after zoning into either Mhaura or Selbina, you had to speak to an NPC to do a quest since BG Wiki didn't mention this. I've managed to pick up the Mhaura quest, so this whole dillema seems to have been solved. Sorry for the trouble! Not having the cutscenes play though is probably still to be considered a bug.

Update 2: Just finished the chapter and the RoE objective cleared. Lol I was just being dumb >_>

Hello,
    I've been playing for quite a while but during all this time, I've never been able to complete a single Rhapsodies of Vana'diel quest. In the beginning I think I did get the cutscene after zoning back into Bastok, but the RoE objective never cleared even after I reset it.

Some other players told me this is rather common and you can just continue the questline without worrying about RoE objectives, so I tried that. Thing is, I've already been to both Mhaura and Selbina but never got a cutscene for those areas. I haven't been to Norg yet so maybe that's where this whole thing will fix itself, but this being an issue in the first place is rather annoying since I've heard that the rewards from this questline are really good for newbs.

If anyone else knows how to get around this bug please let me know, otherwise, support appreciated.

Following the format:

Operating System: Windows 10

ISP: Vocus Retail/Vocus PTY LTD

Type of Internet Connection: Fibre optic

Internet Connection Speed: 72.81Mbps

Date & Time: 24th Aug ~8:00PM AEST (GMT+10)

Frequency: Once

Character Name: Xavros

Race: ElvaanM

World: Bismarck

Main Job: WAR

Support Job: none

Area and Coordinates: Mhaura (H-5), Selbina (H-6/I-6)

Party or Solo: Solo

NPC Name: None

Monster Name: None

Steps:
    1. Zone into a starting city
    2. Get the cutscene but not have it complete on RoE
    3. Travel to Mhaura or Selbina
    4. Don't get a cutscene related to RoV
    5. Travel to Norg
    6. Interact with wooden door and get told it's locked tight
    (0)
    Last edited by JasTx_Jasmineteax; 08-28-2021 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Title change

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Greetings and welcome!

To successfully report in-game bugs, you'll want to include and fill up the template from the welcome thread: Welcome to Forum: In-Game Bugs!

There are other sections where you can discuss things like this with the community, but topics here will be closed after they've been processed.

Regarding the issue itself, the first Rhapsodies of Vana'diel Records of Eminence objective requires you to start "Flames of Prayer", which should indeed happen at around the time of visiting Norg.

As for the rewards, people are probably more referring to those available from the missions themselves (key items in particular), not so much the Records of Eminence objectives.

I hope this helps!
    (2)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 08-24-2021 at 11:36 PM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm not sure if this is a factor or not in your case, but RoV's progression requirements are complex and there may often be cases where you can't proceed because a NPC in a particular mission or cutscene is unavailable due to another quest or mission with that NPC being active. But if you're not careful, even if you identify the offending quest/mission, you may end up on another one that will lock your progress again.

Personally my advice with RoV is, if at all possible, complete as much of the other mission lines as possible before attempting to proceed on RoV.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Greetings and welcome!

To successfully report in-game bugs, you'll want to include and fill up the template from the welcome thread: Welcome to Forum: In-Game Bugs!

There are other sections where you can discuss things like this with the community, but topics here will be closed after they've been processed.

Regarding the issue itself, the first Rhapsodies of Vana'diel Records of Eminence objective requires you to start "Flames of Prayer", which should indeed happen at around the time of visiting Norg.

As for the rewards, people are probably more referring to those available from the missions themselves (key items in particular), not so much the Records of Eminence objectives.

I hope this helps!
    oh dude wth how did I not see that welcome thread, must've been heaps tired >_> thanks for the heads up! I've edited the OP to include the right format. By the sounds of it though, this isn't a bug but just me being confused.
    If I could delete this thread I would lmao
    (0)
    Last edited by JasTx_Jasmineteax; 08-27-2021 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a factor or not in your case, but RoV's progression requirements are complex and there may often be cases where you can't proceed because a NPC in a particular mission or cutscene is unavailable due to another quest or mission with that NPC being active. But if you're not careful, even if you identify the offending quest/mission, you may end up on another one that will lock your progress again.

Personally my advice with RoV is, if at all possible, complete as much of the other mission lines as possible before attempting to proceed on RoV.
    Is that so? o_o I've had other people tell me that it's better to get it over and done with ASAP, especially if planning to main GEO. Thanks though!
    (0)

Player
    Personally I prioritize get RoV done before any other mission line because of the bonuses and events it opens up. Start doing coalitions in Adoulin as soon as possible to help prevent the frustration of getting there and being blocked from progress for a week because you haven't used enough imprimaturs yet.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by JasTx_Jasmineteax View Post
    Is that so? o_o I've had other people tell me that it's better to get it over and done with ASAP, especially if planning to main GEO. Thanks though!
    RoV is super important for what it does to the game for you, but for the sake of your sanity, it really isn't great to do them alongside everything else because you may end up pulling your hair out figuring out why you can't proceed with the next quest or why you get stuck in the middle of it.

Personally I prioritize get RoV done before any other mission line because of the bonuses and events it opens up.
    Yes, it does open a lot of stuff. But it can't be done "before any other mission line" because it depends on those mission lines themselves being mostly completed. And those bonuses and such don't do all that much for the missions themselves.

There is a complex web of quest dependencies that can be tricky to follow even with a good guide and the official info availablle here. The missions aren't hard. do them first, then you can plow through RoV without stopping in between.

You'll get it done in the same amount of time, probably less, and with less stress. and more fun. Call me "contrarian" if you want- everyone who already had those missions done when RoV began never had to worry about any of those roadblocks. I think that's worth a lot.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-28-2021 at 02:16 PM.

I see... the reasons for both sides make sense

Unfortunately though, I just can't seem to get this questline to even start for whatever reason, which I guess in the end goes back to why I originally started this thread (hopefully it's still just me being a smooth brain newb). I just arrived at Norg and interacted with the wooden door to Gilgamesh's place (K-8) at 20:31 AEST, and it just says the door's locked tight.
    As mentioned before, I've had that first cutscene before but never got the cutscene in either Mhaura or Selbina, so it sorta makes sense that this wouldn't work since I haven't technically progressed far enough in the questline. At the same time though, pretty bummed lol. In the end, gonna just have to finish the other missions since I've literally got no choice in the matter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll be adding this to my OP but yeah, quite inconvenient to not be able to do this no matter where I am in other missions.

edit: I didn't realise that after zoning into either Mhaura or Selbina, you had to speak to an NPC to do a quest since BG Wiki didn't mention this. I've managed to pick up the Mhaura quest, so this whole dillema seems to have been solved. Sorry for the trouble!
    (1)
    Last edited by JasTx_Jasmineteax; 08-28-2021 at 08:01 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Yes, it does open a lot of stuff. But it can't be done "before any other mission line" because it depends on those mission lines themselves being mostly completed. And those bonuses and such don't do all that much for the missions themselves.

There is a complex web of quest dependencies that can be tricky to follow even with a good guide and the official info availablle here. The missions aren't hard. do them first, then you can plow through RoV without stopping in between.

You'll get it done in the same amount of time, probably less, and with less stress. and more fun. Call me "contrarian" if you want- everyone who already had those missions done when RoV began never had to worry about any of those roadblocks. I think that's worth a lot.
    Not even close to the same rewards if you do the expansions in order vs doing only what's needed to complete RoV first. Each rhapsody is worth 30% exp and many other bonuses like increased skillup rates which trump completion rewards of 10% exp bonus for each storyline independantly.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharly View Post
    Not even close to the same rewards if you do the expansions in order vs doing only what's needed to complete RoV first. Each rhapsody is worth 30% exp and many other bonuses like increased skillup rates which trump completion rewards of 10% exp bonus for each storyline independantly.

It really doesn't take that long to go through the mission lines first, you're really not losing out on that much against the total time you'll likely be playing the game. And also if you do that you don't get a million "Why can't i complete this quest" bug reports (but to be fair, if they at least updated the existing quests so they say "you will need to complete XYZ thing before proceeding further," and similarly updated quest start NPCs to say "To accept/proceed with this quest you must first do XYZ thing", well that would mitigate this problem a lot)
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast