Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

A Monstrous Revamp - Monstrosity Content Suggestions & Feedback Megathread

Hello all,
    I'm a returnee with a deep passion for Final Fantasy and in particular its wildlife. It goes without saying that content like Monstrosity immediately caught my interest as soon as it came.

On my return to the game, I was a little sad to see this promising feature had been put to the back burner and gone forgotten. Yet, I see many players indulging into Monstrosity (at least one half of it anyway), so I think this content still has potential! It just needs some polishing, and maybe a few changes.

Here I'd like to compile my own and others' suggestions and ideas on how to bring Monstrosity back to life. This first post will serve as an index for all suggestions presented, so come back to check it from time to time.

SUGGESTIONS INDEX

Global
    Monipulators
    • Coming soon!

Gladiators
    • Coming soon!
    (7)
    Last edited by Kjara; 08-17-2021 at 12:17 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Let's start with a kicker and talk about Unfulfilled Promises.

Quoting directly from the official page introducing Monstrosity, here's the ideas the Dev Team had cooking when the feature first launched:

- Monipulator vs. Monipulator Combat
    - Monstrosity Quests
    - Additional Monster Families
    - Monipulator Cooperative Play
    - Additional Exclusive Content
    - Greater Rewards

All these are absolutely great and would definitely bring some luster back into the content. I'd like to discuss these individually and in detail later on, but here you have them for your view and consideration.
    (6)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjara View Post
    - Additional Exclusive Content
    - Greater Rewards
    We especially need powerful rewards that tie in with current gameplay. Once a significant minority starts doing monstrosity hardcore for the rewards, add exclusive content to keep us busy with it and it can become a 2nd major focus of the game instead of niche content barely anyone uses.
    Monstrosity has overwhelming unused potential.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My understanding is there was basically one guy on the monstrosity project and when he left or whatever, the project essentially stopped.

We've been begging for more Monstrosity for years.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    please SE, I would be so happy to have this added upon, pleaseeeeee
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    New job Morpher: Let players transform into their designated monster and join content as monsters.
    (1)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Ashes of creation (A newly hyped mmo) has a Monster token system in the works, were you play as the monster....I immediately started thinking about monstrosity lol.....

I will say this about MMO content in general; I have been playing mmo for quite some time. MMO players DO NOT generally play content which does not reward them for "Best in slot" for their current level. Or, at least useful items.....

The people like me who play campaign and monstrosity for fun are a minority.

MMO generally tie "Best in slot" items to the most grindiest event in the game.......Or at least useful items.

What if instincts could be unlocked on the player, for those who unlocked the event along with the respective monster faculties? At level 1-10 you can use a few, but level 119-ish, you can use the max 130 faculties.

Creating content "For fun" does not really work in mmo. It has to be for "Best in slot" or useful things, otherwise, people will not do it......I don't think you will find anyone who enjoys doing Salvage or Assault missions....but they do it for "Best in slots." Mythics.

I feel when the devs get people invested again.....They can release new species (Which means more instincts), quest, and party mechanics cause it be lonely out here.........

I think this idea was mentioned before, but I am shocked after all these years, there is no faculties menu for your main job. This would be a perfect method to easily tie monstrosity into the main game; cause you need to unlock specific creatures, to use certain faculties.

It would be pretty neat to mix and match faculties; researching the best ones for each job will add at least another half year grind to keep players busy. Then just release more monsters, thus more faculties. It is like...the prefect grind.....
    (0)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Going on memory here, but as stated above, they had one guy who was leading on monstrosity, I seem to remember the name was then seen on FFXIV projects, so they were moved off XI to XIV, this was several years ago, so I have no idea if they are still at SE. It's crazy to think that the content was reliant on one person and ground to a halt when they left....
    (1)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Here we go, here's a link to 2014, 7 years ago now...

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...strosity-still
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yup.

I would personally take anything. Just adding more monster types. It makes me to see that menu full of all the monster classes and most of them are grayed out. It's just a big tease for something we're never going to see.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast