Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here with the latest FFXI news.

The rainy season has come to a close in Tokyo, with temperatures starting to rise to relatively uncomfortable levels. Some places have already marked record highs, so I hope that you take care of yourself wherever you are in the world. Stay cool—or stay warm, if you’re from the southern hemisphere—and remember that your health comes first.

With that, let’s get right into the nitty-gritty of the August version update.

This month features a slightly different update to Ambuscade than you’re used to, as Normal features a rerun of the Citrullus event, while Intense has a completely new battle against Ramuh.

Abdhaljs’s efforts are proceeding apace, and the new battle features a summoner he has handpicked to command the powers of Vana’diel’s most electrifying avatar. This battle features some awesome nww cosmetic rewards, including the staff that Ramuh wields. I think it looks absolutely stunning, and we’re all eager for you to get your hands on it and wield it for yourselves.

In case you’re forgotten what the Citrullus battle in Normal Ambuscade involves, it’s themed after the watermelon pattern characteristic of this mandragora subspecies.

Your emotes hold the key to victory, so you’ve got to perform the right moves to target your foe or inspire your allies and reap the rewards.

The Voracious Resurgence also returns this month with a continuation of the Aht Urhgan questline. The story features some new characters who can shine some light on certain mysteries of Aht Urhgan, and I was really excited to see where the scenario team took this latest chapter. Ramuh is involved in this newest entry, for an avatar battle/quest double whammy! Those of you interested in learning more about Aht Urhgan’s past will absolutely not want to miss the newest quest. Don’t ask for any more hint, though—my lips are sealed!

In terms of out-of-game activities, we recently brought you the 20th Vana’versary portal site, We Are Vana’diel. Have you all been enjoying the content?

The website is an ongoing project, so we hope you continue to check back periodically for updates. We will continue to provide more information about behind-the-scenes work on Vana’diel, wonderful illustrations, and so much more to help enhance your Vana’diel experience outside of the game client.

The latest entry on the website is an interview with Yosuke Saito, producer of the Nier series and DRAGON QUEST X. Did you know that he was really into FINAL FANTASY XI back in the day? I would strongly recommend this feature to any fan of the Nier series, DRAGON QUEST, or even just games in general, so head over to the website and check it out! New entries in this interview will be added every Wednesday for the next four weeks!

As the worst of summer may be yet to come, I’m going to stay cool indoors with FINAL FANTASY XI. Come join me in Vana’diel!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-Progress TaskDetails
AugustRecord of Eminence・Update monthly objectives-
AugustThe Voracious Resurgence・Add new quests-
Content and System-related

AugustAmbuscade・Add new notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
・Add new reward items
-
Item-related