Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Unable to restart or remake ergon weapon

Thread Title: Unable to restart or remake ergon weapon
    Operating System: Windows 10
    ISP: AT&T
    Type of Internet Connection: Fiber Optic
    Internet Connection Speed: 300 Mbit/s
    Date & Time: 1:30PM EST 7/31/2021 (any time really though)
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: Silvermutt
    Race: ElvaanM
    World: Asura
    Main Job: RUN
    Support Job: BLU
    Area and Coordinates: Eastern Adoulin (J-11)
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: Runje Desaali
    Monster Name: None

Steps:
    1. Start Quiescence quest.
    2. Complete Quiescence quest. At this point, Lexeme Blade I item is obtained. This is used to upgrade into Lexeme Blade II, then into Lexeme Blade III, then into Epeolatry.
    3. Trade Lexeme Blade I to Runje Desaali to start upgrade process.
    4. Trade necessary items to receive Superlative Runic Ring of Deluge key item.
    5. Trade Lexeme Blade I to Runic Overflow in Foret de Hennetiel (K-10) to obtain Lexeme Blade II.
    6. Trade Lexeme Blade II to Runje Desaali to start upgrade process.
    7. Trade necessary items to receive Superlative Runic Ring of Luster key item.
    8. Drop Lexeme Blade II item. Obviously not part of the quest, but I did this by accident.
    9. I attempted to reobtain either Lexeme Blade I, Lexeme Blade II, or Lexeme Blade III. I tried the following, with no success:
    • Speak with Runje Desaali multiple times. No prompts are available regarding this weapon quest.
    • Trade 10 million gil to Runje Desaali.
    • Speak with Octavien at Eastern Adoulin (I-8) multiple times.
    • Speak with Gaddiux at Western Adoulin (J-10) multiple times.
    • Speak with Amchuchu's Laboratory door at Western Adoulin (J-10) multiple times.
    • Speak with Yeggha Dolashi at Rala Waterways (M-6) multiple times.
    • Speak with Entrance: Coliseum at Rala Waterways (M-6) multiple times.
    • Speak with ??? at Yorcia Weald (I-8) that first gave Broken Rapier Hilt.
    • Trade pickaxe to ??? at Yorcia Weald (I-8) that first gave Broken Rapier Hilt.
    • Speak with Zurko-Bazurko at Mhaura (I-8) multiple times
    • Speak with Jumping Rabbit at Yahse Hunting Grounds (K-9) to attempt to buy back the blade, but it is not available in his list. Stragely, Runeist Mitons aren't available either.
    • Speak with Runic Overflow at Foret de Hennetial (K-10).
    • Speak with Runic Overflow at Marjami Ravine (I-12); this was going to be the next part of the quest, except you're supposed to trade the Lexeme Blade II to it.
    • Start Idris weapon quest with Runje Desaali. There is info that indicates this might cancel the Epeolatry quest. After starting the Idris quest, I cancelled it, but speaking with Runje again only results in her trying to start the Idris quest again.
    • Speak with a GM to get weapon restored to my inventory. I was told they couldn't because it had been more than a week since I dropped it. Subsequent requests for GM assistance have been met with automated messages to report this here in the bug report forum.

I still have the following key items related to this quest:
    • "Enlightened Endeavor"
    • Superlative Runic Ring of Luster

I notably do not have the key items involved in the Quiescence quest:
    • Broken Rapier Hilt
    • Vial of Crimson Catalyst

This is a big issue. All relic, mythic, and empyrean weapons can be recreated but ergon weapons cannot due to the non-repeatable quest which gives the base weapon.
    (1)
    Last edited by Silvermutt; 08-01-2021 at 03:50 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This is a big issue. All relic, mythic, and empyrean weapons can be recreated but ergon weapons cannot due to the non-repeatable quest which gives the base weapon.
    Hm.
    Well this wiki page implies that it's possible to quit these quests, but it doesn't specify how this is done. Keeping the rapier hilt has something to do with this.
    https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Quiescence

It's not much to go on, but I don't think that information would be there if there was no way to abandon the quest (which someone could conceivably want to do if they decide they want to do the other quest instead). I don't suppose you've asked about this on FFXIAH or anywhere else?

The page admittedly does leave a lot to be desired. You say the quest is marked as complete after the steps described in "Stage 1" above?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-01-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Character
    Silvermutt
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I have asked on the FFXIAH forum and elsewhere. The steps I listed for ways I have attempted to fix this problem include all the suggestions I received.

I believe that note about the quest being cancelled only works if you are still in "part 1" of the weapon upgrade as described on this page https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Quiescence where it says "The quest is technically completed after this point, as the quest is moved to the completed log, however this has no bearing on finishing the weapon."

Yes, my quest log does show Quiescence as completed. I was at the end of "part 3" when my issue occurred. At this point, the Quiescence quest is complete, and I have lost the weapon. If Quiescence was a repeatable quest then I believe I'd be able to reacquire the base weapon again and start over, but the quest is not repeatable.

The fix for this problem seems to me to be as easy as the devs changing the repeatable flag on this quest from "false" to "true". For this reason, I consider this issue to be a bug.
    (0)

4. 08-03-2021 09:56 AM
    Reason
    Uh, I made a mistake.