Character
    Tzanbatsu
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 95

Lack of GM support

I am saddened by the lack of GM support and the "Scope of practice" when a player drops something on accident and is willing to use their "1-time" rollback/item recovery, but told that they cannot because a Musa is "Unrecoverable" thanks for making me wait for 8-9hrs to tell me there wasn't anything you could do.
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    It's a shame this is the status quo in 2021. Sorry you had to go through this
    (3)

Player
    Just a bump and +1 for visibility. Shameful really.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    It's sad because I would go and provide SE a list of item IDs if it means more people could restore their items.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    It's sad because I would go and provide SE a list of item IDs if it means more people could restore their items.
    SE has all the item IDs, why would they need a list from the community?

Still, the wait times are pretty absurd these days. Yes, FFXIV is experiencing a sudden surge in popularity taking up their time, but if that's an issue, then they should have a separate support person/team for XI support.

But if you think 8-9 hours is bad, I once had a support issue go (effectively, at least) unanswered for nearly 2 months despite multiple calls in the interim asking about it. I did eventually get a lead GM who apologized for the failure to respond, but yeah, that was pretty bad.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-01-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    SE has all the item IDs, why would they need a list from the community?

Still, the wait times are pretty absurd these days. Yes, FFXIV is experiencing a sudden surge in popularity taking up their time, but if that's an issue, then they should have a separate support person/team for XI support.

But if you think 8-9 hours is bad, I once had a support issue go (effectively, at least) unanswered for nearly 2 months despite multiple calls in the interim asking about it. I did eventually get a lead GM who apologized for the failure to respond, but yeah, that was pretty bad.
    You may or may not be surprised by the kind of information SE Community Reps have asked for, in order to submit a request to the JP Dev team. They need as much as help as they can get, which is why I would proactively provide the IDs for all REMAs and Su5 weapons, so that any item can be capable of being restored (minus, of course, RP Ranking data stored on the item, as that continuously gets updated).

And I have you beat on your support issue duration. Mine was 3 months, and then I gave up.
    (1)