Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: in Game GM call

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I'm fairly certain the one-time item recovery feature doesn't include ANY I-Level Items either. It's very unfortunate.
    (0)

Player
    Their current GMs, shared with XIV, simply don't know how to provide the necessary support to replace an augmented item. I don't know if they even know how to send a player to Mordion Goal anymore.

I made a GM call a few days ago and it took 1.5 days to get a form response that basically ignored what the call was about.
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    No, I don't. Many games don't offer the ability to do this at all. Which is why you should be more careful. I really don't understand how anyone can even get to the "Are you really sure you want to throw away BIG IMPORTANT ITEM THAT SHOULDN"T BE IN YOUR REGULAR INVENTORY ANYWAY"?

To throw something away, you have to select it, select drop (which isn't the default option), select yes (which is deliberately swapped so you have to conciously select it, and stackable items require you to set the number by pressing left/right), and then for rare/ex items there's a further prompt which requires you to press in a different direction from all the previous menus. How do you get this far without being totally and utterly careless? I'm going to assume you had a lot of junk you wanted to get rid of so you repeatedly pressed up enter up enter. But the different prompt for the R/Ex item should have stopped you. If it didn't, well I don't know what to say. I don't think SE has an obligation to protect someone who ignores like three opportunities to cancel tossing something. And if you DO toss something important, you at least ought to realize the mistake right away. They give people a week to make a claim.

I mean, I sympathize with you- it really sucks that you lost something valuable, but they aren't under any obligation to help you. Ideally they'd make an in-game system for this i.e. the Calamity Salvager in FFXIV, which records any one-time-obtainable items you get and allows you to buy a replacement if lost. I'm not white knighting them here, but they have rules and a policy laid out. Personally, I have accidentally sold stuff to vendors before while mass-selling prize powder. But REMAs are also immune to that since they can't be sold. There's a certain irony to this because a frequent suggestion that used to come up was us asking SE to remove confirmation prompts. Well, this is why they exist.

And for anyone reading this, I can';t stress it enough: Don't leave REMA weapons in your regular inventory. Put them in the wardrobe. The wardrobe is a super shield of can't-accidentally-toss-it.

If you had an augmented weapon, that's the technical reason they can't restore those. You can potentially have them give you back an unaugmented weapon so you don't lose ALL work. but the in-game system to conjure up items can only create plain items, there's no way for them to input data for the aumgents (Players had access to this on the Test Server back when we had that)
    As a player-base, can folks stop white-knighting SE over this? Lag exists in this game, you could mean to drop a crystal or two usable-items in a row and due to lag the inventory shift takes a half-second and before you know it, you drop the wrong item.

To be honest, the last 10 dropped items should be recoverable from Mog House moogle via a "Mog Trash" menu. Having an item-restore process that doesn't include item-level weapons is ridiculous.
    (2)

4. 08-16-2021 10:56 AM

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    As a player-base, can folks stop white-knighting SE over this? Lag exists in this game, you could mean to drop a crystal or two usable-items in a row and due to lag the inventory shift takes a half-second and before you know it, you drop the wrong item.

To be honest, the last 10 dropped items should be recoverable from Mog House moogle via a "Mog Trash" menu. Having an item-restore process that doesn't include item-level weapons is ridiculous.
    Lag doesn't make you press buttons. Yes, there is lag in any online game, but the menus have zero input lag whatsoever, even when your connection is questionable. And if you klow you're lagging, maybe don't manipulate important items in your inventory until the conditions improve.

In your very example, if you just slowed down a little bit, you could avoid making those kinds of mistakes. That being the case, the way the confirmation prompts are designed, any repetitive input that works for regular items will stop on a Rare/EX item becuase it requires a different input to finish tossing.

This isn't white knighitng, it's just a fact. They made the game with plenty of safeguards against these sorts of errors. I've often seen suggestions that they remove these prompts, but these prompts are there specifically to hopefully prevent scenarios like yours. White knighting would be if I was defending them for screwing up or doing something wrong- But I'm just not seeing where they are at fault for your situation. They have clearly stipulated rules governing the item restore process, and the game is designed to (hopefully) prevent needing it in the first place.

They should implement something like the Calamity salvager in FFXIV so that such a service isn't even needed in the first place, but somehow I admittedly doubt that will ever happen.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Lag doesn't make you press buttons. Yes, there is lag in any online game, but the menus have zero input lag whatsoever, even when your connection is questionable. And if you klow you're lagging, maybe don't manipulate important items in your inventory until the conditions improve.

In your very example, if you just slowed down a little bit, you could avoid making those kinds of mistakes. That being the case, the way the confirmation prompts are designed, any repetitive input that works for regular items will stop on a Rare/EX item becuase it requires a different input to finish tossing.

This isn't white knighitng, it's just a fact. They made the game with plenty of safeguards against these sorts of errors. I've often seen suggestions that they remove these prompts, but these prompts are there specifically to hopefully prevent scenarios like yours. White knighting would be if I was defending them for screwing up or doing something wrong- But I'm just not seeing where they are at fault for your situation. They have clearly stipulated rules governing the item restore process, and the game is designed to (hopefully) prevent needing it in the first place.

They should implement something like the Calamity salvager in FFXIV so that such a service isn't even needed in the first place, but somehow I admittedly doubt that will ever happen.
    You're giving them plausible deniability. It doesn't matter what reason you gave. You also just denied that lag through the client menu exists, when it most certainly does! You're just plain wrong about that. Talking to you is a waste of time, because you have a contrarian bias to any post whatsoever. Maybe you have an addiction or compulsion to keeping your post count up...but then, you admit that something Calamity Salvager is a necessary improvement but will probably never happen. Where exactly do you stand on this issue? Why argue and place blame on the user for dropping an item by accident, and then recommend a solution? You're just a contrarian for the sake of it! Give me a break!
    (3)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    White knighting would be if I was defending them for screwing up or doing something wrong- But I'm just not seeing where they are at fault for your situation.
    I completely agreed with this. It's unfortunate that we are their favorable customers as it "seems" it is. Because I know this if I were SE staff and every time I read him disagreeing with people here makes me giggle. He is hardly wrong.

As a FFXIV player playing on Asura, I understood the difficulty of this outdated system other than needing to ban more players. The game is old.

You're just a contrarian for the sake of it! Give me a break!
    We love both XI and XIV. One day I'd hope SE to give us access back just once to post on the XIV forums again. It's been years and we are different. Just to give this forum more space.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You're just a contrarian for the sake of it! Give me a break!
    That is really not true at all, I've supported and agreed with many ideas and suggestions and complaints and criticisms in the past. You just only come out and say something when I disagree. I am simply a target for crap like this because I have the most posts, which just happens to be a thing and in contrast to your belief, is not something I care about in any way outside of the fact that it causes people such as you to pick on me.

But since that statement can't be disputed without being contrary itself, I'm sure you'll just continue to say this. I'm really sick of this, do you want me to go around the forum and link to every topic I've hit "Like" on and every time I've written a post voicing support of something? It feels to me more like you're only posting here to criticize me rather than discuss the topics.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-17-2021 at 02:24 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm really sick of this, do you want me to go around the forum and link to every topic I've hit "Like" on and every time I've written a post voicing support of something? It feels to me more like you're only posting here to criticize me rather than discuss the topics.
    I've requested them to update the RDM and they did. It's simple.

Anyways, I still think it's pointless to discuss what SE staff and STF should do. It's like, in fact, I demanded Apple Inc to provide subtitles for movies and one employee once said "you can't tell us what to do."
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2