(1)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    They aren't interested in anything other than their own world. The mods here shouldn't let this problematic behavior continue for page after page. (everyone in the company) do nothing, as per the title
    Fixed for you

The mods here only remove swears and feefee hurties. Can't even be bothered to answer player concerns or questions 99% of the time.
    The community reps only represent their paychecks.
    The special task force only bothers to run an automated system to ban pos hacks. (extremely rarely!)
    The GMs literally don't even answer calls anymore. (i'm currently waiting for a response, sent 3 hours ago)
    The translation team is nonexistant. When they do bother to show up, they get half the text wrong.
    (0)
    Last edited by Uriah; 05-10-2022 at 12:33 PM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    Fixed for you

The mods here only remove swears and feefee hurties. Can't even be bothered to answer player concerns or questions 99% of the time.
    The community reps only represent their paychecks.
    The special task force only bothers to run an automated system to ban pos hacks. (extremely rarely!)
    The GMs literally don't even answer calls anymore. (i'm currently waiting for a response, sent 3 hours ago)
    The translation team is nonexistant. When they do bother to show up, they get half the text wrong.
    Do you not see how this context applies back to you and what you are doing?
    (0)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    The only context is; point being proven. If it's not hurting money or making money, it's entirely ignored.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    A moderator's job is to moderate, not to answer concerns or questions, because they don't have those answers. They're just mods.

I've moderated more than one game's official forums in my day, and while I probably posted more than most helping other people out as a player of said games, I was generally not privy to any knowledge that ordinary players couldn't have. And that's generally the case of any mods on any official forums.

The same GM staff handles both FFXI and FFXIV, and I can promise you it takes just as long in most cases over there, but they do get answered. in FFXI in particular though, if you aren't logged in when they attempt to reach you, all you'll get is the generic messaage given to say "we recieved your call, and thanks for giving us the information needed " or something like that.

For the record, you can reach some of the community team on twitter. My take on my communication with them is while they do help out with some behind the scenes stuff (correcting website errors, making the community site news posts, that sort of thing), they don't seem to be well empowered by SE to address the community, only being able to do so when they have something official to post, or in some cases, customer service issues like the recent posts about the twitter screenshot event. It's not that they don't want to do more, it's that they aren't granted the ability to do so by SE. And again, I can speak here as someone who has helped out with more than one community (though not specifically in a management role), that generally the people hired to do this are players (with a relevant work background) that are interested in and care about the game they are working on/for. Their hands are generally tied by the company they're working for, and would probably engage more if they had the authority to do so.

I for one was less afraid to make posts but was told in some cases to limit what I said ab out various issues because even though i was speaking my own mind, people would take anything I said as official news. Because of this you simply can not say or post anything that isn't 100% certain and supplied by the developers/company.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-11-2022 at 11:51 AM.

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    The only context is; point being proven. If it's not hurting money or making money, it's entirely ignored.
    Being proven? So nothing is enough then. 10, 20, 400, 4 million posts on the same exact person.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Being proven? So nothing is enough then. 10, 20, 400, 4 million posts on the same exact person.
    You gotta stop thinking of Uriah as a person to reason with. Uriah is more like a child throwing an endless tantrum.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Some people would use dedication to try to solve world hunger, or climate change, or devise a life-changing invention. Instead we're trying to get a single video game cheater punished.
    (0)

Character
    Katsenna
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Would it be possible for players to register for their server to be able to issue temp bans to others on the server for a speedy review from SE staff? I see far to many bots or people AFK exping I wonder what effect outside of my direct feelings they play on my server. Honestly far to many people bot and cheat and personally seeing them be it real players doing this or just bots always is killing me I've not played in a few months I am not looking to play catch up with others but seeing cheaters and bots first hand is disheartening for this game when it's biggest sense of accomplishment was earning that progress and reward no question earned vs what now? bot did it?
    (1)

Page 57 of 170 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast