Thread: March fake bans

Character
    Oecca
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 1

March fake bans

Fake bans look closer to real every month.

Someone's trying to save face by unskewing the numbers a little bit month by month. You're being too obvious. But better than trying to claim a thousand a month like you were.
    (0)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Bearing mind the FFXI development team is four people, how many people do you think are working on the STF?

If I had to guess, I'd expect that there's one member of the support team for NA/EU that grabs bugs off these forums, deals with all of the XI contact through SE support and forwards all NA/EU reports about bots and RMT accounts across all servers to their JP counterparts. Perhaps that person is the only remaining GM too. And uploads the news on playonline.com/forum dev tracker posts.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the JP support team has about two members who are responsible for the same on the JP side, but put a day a week aside to review JP reports and forwarded NA/EU reports and manage to actually confirm around 150 bannable accounts each week. Maybe there used to be an extra STF member in place until mid-January, but they had to let them go, so the remaining person can only process half as many bans in the time allocated. It would make sense considering the static subscriber levels and fixed subscription fee mixed with the ridiculous inflation of the last couple of years.

Maybe they just do a much more diligent job on banning accounts across servers that aren't Asura, because they've given it up as a lost cause and want the other servers to provide a decent playing experience. I only see a gil sales shout once a month or so on Shiva.

I'm pretty sure you put more time into this whole thing then they can afford to.
    (1)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I might expect GMs/STF working on XI to also work on X|V.

It's most definitely true for the forums at least, considering how they have sometimes copy-pasted a post here with "XIV" in the post body...
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.