Page 3 of 167 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I agree that bots are a problem. I don't agree that this thread is the solution. I support reporting the bots, as the OP appears to be doing. I don't support plastering it all over the forum because it's unnecessary and, as I said, isn't likely to produce better results.

All I can figure is they think that no one actually reads the reports, so s/he feels the need to stick them in everyone's faces. But a staff member did respond and that should have been the end of it, since they were specifically told that this wasn't necessary.

They absolutely should be making the reports. But there is no reason to be posting them here.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-02-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Player
    If I don't advertise that reports are happening, STF can continue to pretend no one is sending them.

By advertising it IS happening, they are forced to act. Or keep deleting the thread. Either way. It will not be hidden.

This is NOW post #22 Stop secretly deleting posts. 10/9
    (2)
    Last edited by Yvone; 10-09-2021 at 10:28 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvone View Post
    If I don't advertise that reports are happening, STF can continue to pretend no one is sending them.

By advertising it IS happening, they are forced to act. Or keep deleting the thread. Either way. It will not be hidden.
    What evidence do you have that they are "pretending no one is sending them?"
    You don't have any. They publicly post about banned RMT etc on a monthly basis.

This thread isn't forcing anyone to act on anything. If you really think SE is going to ban bots faster just because you're flooding the forums with pictures of your reports, you've got another thing coming. I admire your tenacity but you really don't have the power you think you do (Nor do I).

And if you don't think it will be hidden, well, you're already mistaken on that, because they've already done so more than once.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-02-2021 at 11:02 AM.

Player
    What evidence? The fact that the bots are STILL THERE. Is evidence.

if they were ACTUALLY reading reports, and following up, the same bots wouldn't be there day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year. CLEARLY they're not getting the reports. Or ignoring the reports. Or indifferent to the reports.

Whichever the case is, their job is not being done.

Since I have filed a report that Don**** Sok** and Sal*** have been botting in the same camp for hours on end every day for more than a week, it doesn't get any more self evident than that, reports are obviously not being read or seen. it takes seconds, not days to verify a bot. Even being extremely generous, a week is asinine.
    (2)
    Last edited by Yvone; 08-02-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Player
    (0)

6. 08-03-2021 05:19 AM

Player
    Apparently it is ok to bot in today's Final Fantasy XI and is no longer against the rules along with cheating the whole game.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jdove; 08-03-2021 at 05:59 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdove View Post
    Apparently it is ok to bot in today's Final Fantasy XI and is no longer against the rules along with cheating the whole game.
    Well, no argument there, sadly.
    (0)

Player
    (1)

Player
    You might as well just write asura as the name of the offender on your ticket, cuz the whole server is botting. lol
    (4)

Player
    (1)

Page 3 of 167 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast