Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Coffeegood
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krogoth View Post
    It isn't a hard fight. People are already doing VD, and most aren't getting as many drops as you. But hey, let's take your results and run a back of the envelope estimate with them. It will be informative for all involved.

If we assume all people group up and git gud to the tune of only spending 5 minutes in the arena per fight, that means 12 fights per arena. This isn't exactly a great assumption, but it's our spherical cow for this scenario.
    Each server has 3 arenas. That means 36 fights per server per hour.
    You report 1 "rare drop" per 7 fights. 36 / 7 is slightly above 5. We'll round down because it makes the math easy.
    That means 5 drops per server per hour under ideal conditions. By coincidence, 5 is how many different "rare drops" there are. For someone to "catch them all" they'll need this many drops.
    So we can estimate that for every server, one person's worth of drops will take 1 hour.
    Every 1000 active characters on the server will result in the arena being 100% full for 1000 hours. That's 41 days.
    I don't know how many active characters there are (though square enix will be able to guess) but let's pull the number 3000 out of a hat for Asura.
    To get 3000 people through the system will take 123 days, or 4 months. That's 4 months of the fight being 100% full every moment of every day of every week. Under ideal conditions, and assuming perfect coordination and cooperation.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't need to put in work to get rewards. But more work can only result in more rewards if there's room for more workers to work. When the arena is full, more effort cannot create more drops. And that is the issue.

(It's also an issue that the almighty devs have said they want to address. This post is largely for them, so they have the tools to think about how to actually address it.)
    Theres alot of fake math in here considering fights take 2min 30 sec average with buff time included, also left out 3 earring drops too and I doubt that out of the 420 people online at any given time on Bismark that 1/2 of them would be able to do VD the fix is obviously just for Asura and the Massive 1.6k+ online presence lately on the most overcrowded server.
    (0)

Character
    Krogoth
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeegood View Post
    Theres alot of fake math in here considering fights take 2min 30 sec average with buff time included, also left out 3 earring drops too and I doubt that out of the 420 people online at any given time on Bismark that 1/2 of them would be able to do VD the fix is obviously just for Asura and the Massive 1.6k+ online presence lately on the most overcrowded server.
    Cool, thanks for helping me refine the model. So 2 months of ideal conditions with optimal strategy on the most crowded server.

But of course, as you mention, not everyone is able to play optimally. Since you think the system is working fine, I have to thank you for being so patient with the rest of us locking you out of the arena for a little while longer. It's nice to see the community grow to embrace the weaker members.
    (0)

Character
    Jkap
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The number of people who come here from 14 is not that much. And anyone who plays long enough to get to the content most people are playing will have understood by that point that there's no such thing as instant gratification in this game. For the vast majority of 14 visitors, especially any that came from WoW before coming to 14, they're not even going to have the patience to get far enough to get in your way.
    I came from ffxiv and this is true but i like that there isnt instant gratification, makes the game more challenging than XIV
    (1)

Player
    Banning anyone who speaks out against you.

Stay classy Square.
    (0)

I appreciate your effort to release a new battlefield and tweak some classic armor and weapons. Thank you.

At the same time, the HTBF content seems to have two extremes for the majority of players: 1) solo forever on Easy, Very Easy for drops or 2) party up and do Difficult or Very Difficult.

For example, in my time trying to farm Lilith for gear; I have never seen any groups for Normal difficulty. Groups want super elite or very well-geared players for VD or no group at all.

Going forward, I would like to see the fights better balanced for Normal difficulty or middle-of-the-road players wanting to team up. The gimmicks of the fights seem a bit out of proportion to their corresponding difficulty levels.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorix View Post
    Banning anyone who speaks out against you.

Stay classy Square.
    You can be critical but civilized at the same time, you know.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Manque View Post
    I appreciate your effort to release a new battlefield and tweak some classic armor and weapons. Thank you.

At the same time, the HTBF content seems to have two extremes for the majority of players: 1) solo forever on Easy, Very Easy for drops or 2) party up and do Difficult or Very Difficult.

For example, in my time trying to farm Lilith for gear; I have never seen any groups for Normal difficulty. Groups want super elite or very well-geared players for VD or no group at all.

Going forward, I would like to see the fights better balanced for Normal difficulty or middle-of-the-road players wanting to team up. The gimmicks of the fights seem a bit out of proportion to their corresponding difficulty levels.
    This isn't a defect of the fight, it's a defect of player mentality. People want the best drop rates, and if they can do VD, they'll do VD. I don't think tweaking the difference in difficulty between the difficulty levels is going to change this.
    (0)

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    RANT

i don't understand how they cant give us new Content without Recolor mobs Recolor Loot Recolor Boss. its been 8 years and everything is Recolored, an example You can just make Seekers Void watch with new models isn't that easy to do? i am so confused with the state of the game, its been 6 years there is no actual real content.

Please give us a god damn 75 Server, i am tired of Retail not getting updated while your other baby game getting updated every fucking day (14), Ontop of that the game no longer runs on for Ps2/ Xbox 360 you said it would make it better to build patches for the game Where is it WHERE IS THE NEW CONTENT, holy F all that can be done is just farm
    , AMBUSCADE AMBUSCADE
    AMBUSCADE AMBUSCADE jesus. Even the ambuscade System is not helping new players, V2 points is garbage, and no 1 wants to do the new ambuscade 1, ontop of it being Stale

, You could At least Customize the arena every month make it look Fresh MAYBE INVEST IN THIS GAME you are pushing it it's been 8 years without an expansion and we are getting tired of that. THIS GAME IS A GEM ALSO HOW IS IT NOT IN SWITCH do you understand how many people would buy this game if it was on switch than maybe you can invest in the game give us new zones?

You have abyssea System that you can abuse and add zones into TOAU and SOA but your not abusing it why all the new Endgame systems caters 6 boxing, and 1 ambuscade month is like a free weapon or 2 of REMA FOR BOX'RS,, Just add a new Abyssea and let us use trusts infused with atma's to fuck the people who are runing the game the past 5 years? a new path for empy's etc? new armor and stuff? that will make most unviable jobs even more viable for that content its so simple and perfect yet its not in the game are you trying to kill the game feeding on the top 5%? its nearley pointless for me to help others with Ambu which is 50% of the game right now.

You can atleast do a daily Quest that gives u the same points as V1 VD that can be done 5 times a day to help new players THROUGH v2, just why none of that in the game? why is the best healer behind a monthly objective pay wall like FFXIV tomestones!!!!?. there is no actual casual content outside of ambu the bar is too high for new or casual players , the community is split by 3, people who play private servers because its 75, People who don't want to play a 75 Era and don't want to play private servers, and us retail players, its just that simple, i could care less for a 75 server but its a plus it would be fun when the game is in life support like this just simple things like this would give the game more life....
    (1)
    Last edited by Kalimairo; 07-22-2021 at 07:29 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimairo View Post
    Please give us a god damn 75 Server, i am tired of Retail not getting updated while your other baby game getting updated every fucking day (14),
    So you are mad that there isn't a 75 server, which would also imply losing all updates/content/QOL changes from the last decade or so and in the same breath complaining there aren't enough updates. Classy.
    (0)

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    no just read what i typed? i know its a mess i am not native to english but my points are valid
    (0)
    Last edited by Kalimairo; 07-22-2021 at 02:46 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast