Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimairo View Post
    no just read what i typed? i know its a mess i am not native to english but my points are valid
    The reality is a "75 server" wouldn't do for FFXI what classic servers have done for one or two other games. It won't restore the old community and it won't undo our existing memories and experiences, and those were the things that made what in all actuality was a severe grindfest more fun than it would have been without those things.

That coupled with the fact that you can use level sync or dont complete the lv80 limit break quest to stick yourself at level 75 and find other like-minded people to play with. If as many people want this as you believe want it, it should not be hard to find those like minded people.

No one's holding a gun to your head and saying you have to do lv99 content.

Personally, I would never want to do that, at least, not without all the QOL stuff we have in the game now and the dialed back grind.
    (0)

2. 07-22-2021 07:18 AM
    Reason
    Should ask first.

3. 07-23-2021 02:50 AM

4. 07-23-2021 03:02 AM

5. 07-23-2021 03:20 AM
    Reason
    crying for a drop

6. 07-28-2021 01:33 AM

Character
    Krogoth
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    Since this adjustment by itself would only become a burden for players, we will also increase the chances of obtaining certain rewards (particularly equipment) across all difficulty levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krogoth View Post
    There are multiple ways to "increase the drop rate," and they're not all the same.
    Update: Squeenix picked the worst case scenario. No drop slots were added, the distribution of drops within the slot was not addressed, and only the chance of filling the drop slot increased. Which only matters on lower difficulty. The odds of getting armor and weapons on D or VD is literally unchanged because the drop slots were guaranteed, and E is now almost as good as D. So much for increasing chances across all difficulty levels.

So yeah. I guess we're fixing congestion by encouraging 1 party to break up into 6 soloers who fight slower, but don't have to lot against each other.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So yeah. I guess we're fixing congestion by encouraging 1 party to break up into 6 soloers who fight slower, but don't have to lot against each other.
    or destroy the easy fight faster as a group.

Anyone who goes in solo knows they're causing grief for others, and why not make something as fast easy as possible by doing it with a group if you can?
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    or destroy the easy fight faster as a group.

Anyone who goes in solo knows they're causing grief for others, and why not make something as fast easy as possible by doing it with a group if you can?
    because that's 1 drop slot entering as a group, or 6 drop slots as a group entering solo.

If everyone and their grandma needs dagger/cloak/both, may as well split up until several members' needs don't overlap and can team up w/o competing for the drops.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    because that's 1 drop slot entering as a group, or 6 drop slots as a group entering solo.

If everyone and their grandma needs dagger/cloak/both, may as well split up until several members' needs don't overlap and can team up w/o competing for the drops.
    Yes, but you're clearing faster, thus there's more opportunities for the drop. Getting the merit points is relatively trivial, so I still see it as saved time.
    (0)

Character
    Krogoth
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Yes, but you're clearing faster, thus there's more opportunities for the drop. Getting the merit points is relatively trivial, so I still see it as saved time.
    On one hand, is a party of 6 going to kill literally 6 times faster? That's not likely, especially given the time spent buffing inside.

On the other hand, strictly solo is likely not exactly optimal either. There's probably some middle ground for maximum server-wide drops per unit of arena time.

On the gripping hand, there is an analogous problem for maximizing total vehicle miles on a given stretch of road per unit time. It turns out 55mph is the optimal solution, but how many drivers are willing to stick to it? In the end, people are going to do what is most convenient to them in the moment. If there are party members close at hand, they may choose to invite them. But if not, there's less incentive to go look for them than there was before the update.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My EV actually seems to be more efficient at lower speeds, but for some reason nobody else seems to like that.
    (0)

Character
    Krogoth
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Oh yeah, the minimum fuel (or fuel equivalent) velocity is different from the maximum packing velocity. 45mph, iirc?
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    idk, i always keep my EV on 'chill' mode and barely ever even bring it up over 70mph.
    When I floor the accelerator the kw/mi balloons of course, and it also starts to get worse when I get on an interstate. Rest of the time my EV doesn't seem to care too much if I go fast or slow.

What forum is this again, Tesla?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    idk, i always keep my EV on 'chill' mode and barely ever even bring it up over 70mph.
    When I floor the accelerator the kw/mi balloons of course, and it also starts to get worse when I get on an interstate. Rest of the time my EV doesn't seem to care too much if I go fast or slow.

What forum is this again, Tesla?
    2016 kia soul EV here

Kinda off topic but nice to meet some ppl on the same page.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5