Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Saobtender evolution rate is unreasonably low

I've raised every monster in the garden multiple times and the only one I ever have any issue with is the sabotender. it takes stacks of sunflower seeds even during the campaign every time. It's absolutely ridiculous. No other monster takes more than 2 or 3 items and at most maybe 6, but it's not uncommon to use 30+ sunflower seeds.
    (0)
    Last edited by Leny; 06-23-2021 at 07:35 AM.

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I didn't have that issue with sabotender, got that to evolve inside a week of trading.
    Finally got my Ake-Ome & Hecteyes the other day. i've been trying to get those to evolve for several months (probably close to a month worth of actually checking garden).
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Make sure you interact with the growing sabotender and make it extremely happy (or as happy as it will get) as often as you can. Angry effects (as shown in your screen) reduce the effect of a youngling growing up evolving into next phase drastically.
    (0)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Actually no. Cactuars get angry when you give them evolution food. That always happens. Any and every time you give a Pequetender a burdok root, or a sabotender a sunflower seed, it will be angry about it.

Mozzia was bursting with joy and is now "beaming with happiness"

And mood has absolutely zero effect on evolution, even if it was unhappy.

I've given it 31 sunflower seeds, 14 of which under the "double the rate" campaign. The equivalent of 44 failures. That seems excessively low to me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Leny; 06-26-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I now have 3 fully grown Sabotenders that will not evolve into Jumbotenders. The evolution rate needs to be adjusted.
    (0)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Two more stacks of sunflower seeds, still won't evolve. we're up to about 0/75 on the current attempts. That is completely unreasonable.
    (0)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Two more stacks, still no evolutions. My cacti are broken. Please fix.

(0)
    Last edited by Leny; 07-15-2021 at 04:11 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    are you really sure that's the right thing? I don't do this stuff so I have no idea. But it doesn't seem like it's correct if you're making it "visibly angry" with every single use.
    (0)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    That's just how cacti are. It is indeed the correct item. And their happiness is indeed maxed out. And their growth is maxed out.

I've grown a dozen jumbotenders, this set seems broken. I'm curious if it's possible to have different rates and/or mons that simply refuse to evolve. 100+ attempts is ridiculous by any metric.
    (0)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The evolution should be a progress bar and not pure chance, especially not with 1% (and lower) chances like gear.

So community reps/devs/gm. What is the evolution rate of Sabotender to Jumbotender, and why is it so unreasonably low.
    (0)
    Last edited by Leny; 07-16-2021 at 07:42 AM.